RR CROSSING BELL

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
As always with me one thing leads to another decided in my advanced age to bet a Maxjax lift well that turned into a complete makeover inside my garage and boy does it need it while pecking around I ran across a RR crossing bell which is to far away got to thinking that since my last name is Bell and I have a school bell in front of my house one of these would pretty neat I think I could rig it up to my stoplight and on red the bell would go off and drive the neighbors crazy looks like they are replacing all the mechanical ones with electronic they are around if anyone knows of on close to Syracuse Indiana please let me know

He's asking if anybody in the Syracuse Indiana area can be on the outlook for a railroad crossing ringer, and if they know of one to let him know. He'd like to add it to his collection.

So all of you Hoosier's, be on the lookout for a bell ringer.

Yeah he is looking since his last name is Bell and technology has advanced over the many decades since trains used to be steam but are now diesel powered meaning crossings at all the controlled crossings are also being upgraded with new technology so if you see an old technology bell or ringer let him know and he will be johnny on the spot for it.

Ok to take a breath now?

Lol. Yes
Heres a thought...
Being a Firefighter, I hooked up a Fire Sprinkler alarm bell in my kids room. We used a 110v sprinkler gong and hooked it up to a door bell and transformer.
It sounded great.
Plus you dont see the mechanism since its mounted on a board covered by the bell.

Lol. Yes
Heres a thought...
Being a Firefighter, I hooked up a Fire Sprinkler alarm bell in my kids room. We used a 110v sprinkler gong and hooked it up to a door bell and transformer.
It sounded great.
Plus you dont see the mechanism since its mounted on a board covered by the bell.
Having a senior moment but I think something will be kind of up my alley I check this out

-
Back