RS23VOA's 340 Swinger build

-

RS23VOA

Reaction score
Guys,
Just picked this up last week and wanted to keep track of the build. Its a 340 Dart Swinger, A/T with A/C. This is not a numbers car but it does have a 69, 340 in it. I'm not going to do a total restoration on it but do more of a ratrod approach.

Here's a few pictures I took before disassembly started.

Engine is pretty complete including the aircleaner and exhaust manifolds. I did get the original carb with it. The big gold bolt in the carb is to keep the choke open and not fall down the carb.

It is an original paint car. The guy I bought it from had just started da'ing and priming it. You can see red paint under the primer. Still has the Swinger stripe.

Now the bad................how this happened I do not know. There is zero frame rot.

I was just gonna say, "not bad shape" until you said, "now for the bad"............ lol
Oh well, it's just the floor, no biggie. They're easy to put in.:blob:

Must of been a leaky windshield. Usually the trunk is gone. Nice score cant wait to watch you progress.

Great looking project you got there !! Should be real nice when done.

Mitch,
Your thread inspired me to post this. Cool car you have. I once stumbled upon a 69 440 car but couldn't make it happen and it was a basket case.

I got the old floorpan cut out yesterday. Check out the replacement panels used by one of the prior owners.

I used an air chisel and it came off pretty good. Saw that in an AMD utube video.

The weather's been cold outside so I've been doing small projects I can do inside. I made this to move the car around. I couldn't find anything I liked for a decent price. Thanks to my buddies in the street department for saving me the square tube . I bought a cheap heat gun at Harbor Freight and scraped about 25lbs of undercoating out of the inner fenders.

I used the steam jenny and stripper to get the engine cleaned up before I paint it.

I've been working on the disc brakes I bought off a member here. Also made a dip tank after I got fleeced at CARQUEST when I took the front suspension and oil pan and windage tray to get hot tanked.

Digging the finned valve covers.

Good luck with your build - I'll be watching!

I love this build, good work so far and great pics to go along with it!

What a great car to start with. Looks pretty complete too. Will you go stock with it?

Pretty much. I'm leaving the aluminum intake and valve covers. There was an old AVS in the trunk I'm going to use. I think its off a 383. All I'm going to do is the engine compartment and redo the front suspension(I think). I will be ordering a firewall to get a couple pieces I need. I did put a Lunati VooDoo cam and a new timing chain in it.

I'd love to have one of these tubbed but haven't come across one that I can't do without.

-
Back