Rubber or poly bushings

-

Bucky Jones

Reaction score
Re doing my front end on my 67 Formula S. Not really looking for handling as much as I am looking for "quiet and smoothness"!??? Rubber/polyurethane/polygraphite??? Also looking for a complete rubber bushing supplier...?? Ordered and received the black kit from Jegs thinking the red kit was poly and the black kit must be rubber!! RTFQ!!!! JEGS was fast and good to work with. Recommendations please.

My black poly squeaked at first in cold weather when I went over speed bumps.
I think it was the anti-sway bar ones.
I've got 150 K on them now in one car with no problems or squeaks.
I've got more than one A body with them in it.
I used them on LCA too.
There is a lube you use.
Just my experience.

Thanx all.........Gonna go with the Moog rubber, especially on the upper control arms. I do not want to take those off again!!!!!! Anybody want a Energy, black poly master kit? $80.00+ride.

Is there a specific part # for the Abody Moog rubber kit? I will be doing mine fairly soon.

It's been my experience that a "single part number Moog kit" does not exist anymore. And if there was, the price might scare people off as the parts are typically more expensive than most of the other stuff that is out there. I take the suspension apart and check each individual component and buy the Moog replacements for what is needed. I re-use balljoints that are not loose. Buying an all-in-one kit is OK but you really don't know what you get because they are no name parts. I trust Moog.

I used Moog stuff in my 68 including the LCA bushings. The cross sectional area of the bushings are so small that I doubt you would notice a difference in feel with poly unless you spend a lot of time on the track. But, I will ALWAYS use the Moog problem-solver upper control arm bushings to increase the caster. 2 degrees positive caster or so makes a car track down the road no-handed with radials. The ONLY poly I used was for all the sway bar bushings and the rear shackle bushings (sourced from Mancinis) They squeaked for awhile after installation but not any longer.

Just my 2 cents, others may not agree.

Now that I think about it again, mine squeaked a little after a hard rain but cleared right up after.
Only one though on the right front lower control arm.

I've found that a thin coat of Synthetic Disc Brake Grease applied to anything that moves, slides, wiggles or rotates not only allows the suspension to move more freely, but it also eliminates squeaks, especially on shock mounts and leaf spring bushings. A little goes a long way. I use it throughout my car. It made my window regulators work like new.

It is one of the best lubricants out there for a wide variety of uses. It will not attack plastic or rubber, is washout resistant, has an incredible temperature range, lasts an extremely long time and contains Teflon, moly and graphite.

Attachments

• My land yacht.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 205
-
Back