Rubber or Poly for a Daily Driven Corner Carving Street Machine?

For a corner carving street machine, should I go poly or rubber for LCA?

• Rubber

Votes: 37 43.0%
  • Polyurethane

Votes: 49 57.0%

• Total voters
-
Don't forget that PST is an FABO sponsor, and they offer a 10% FABO member's discount. If we don't support our sponsors, we won't have any.

Don't forget that PST is an FABO sponsor, and they offer a 10% FABO member's discount. If we don't support our sponsors, we won't have any.

Yeah, I'm waiting for their torsion bars to be back in stock but I definitely do want to take advantage of their 10% off and free shipping and no tax. Should save me a bit of cash.

Ok, so I finally put in my order with PST.

I seriously did think about the Delrin bushings, but I ended up going with PST Polygraphite LCA kit purely due to budget.

I also ordered PST 1.03" torsion bars, PST strut bars, LCA stiffenting plates, 11/16" steel tie rod sleeves, front and rear Bilstein shocks and a Ball Joint socket.

Since I'm on a tight budget, I'm going to upgrade the upper control arm with Moog offset bushings and a new Moog ball joint. My thinking is that the Upper Control arm would be easily replaceable.

I already have new Moog 11/16" tie rods, Moog pitman arm and Moog idler arm waiting in the box for installation, along with a Hellwig tubular 1 1/8" sway bar.

This leaves me with some wiggle room in my budget for new ESPO 6 leaf springs and bushings for the rear.

After that then I can call the suspension/steering done unless the steering box gives me more problems. It's a little sloppy and ruts in the road easily pulls the car to the sides.

I'll update when when I get the parts in.

So I wanted to have some conclusion to this this thread...

I got my front suspension installed, but I didn't take too many pictures.

I ended up going with the poly bushing due to cost. So far it handles great but it's really showing the limitations of my tires.

Now, I need some much bigger wheels and tires.

20160717_202553.jpg
20160717_211949.jpg
20160719_080622.jpg

:thumbsup:

gives me a couple good ideas. I found a set of 1.03" PST bars and FMJ spindles on here not too long ago. I'll probably configure mine similar to yours...adjustable struts, stiffened LCAs, better bushings, hellwig or hotchkiss sway bar, 11.75" cordoba brakes, etc etc etc

-
Back