Rumor?

-

hemicop

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of or see an original S/S car bought new & registered for street use?
Yes, I know they were only sold with an MSO but there are ways around such things & I was wondering if anyone had any pics or stories of one being bought new & used on the street.
IIRC, Mr. Norm's sold the majority of them, so I'm guessing SOMEWHERE somebody did it.
I remember seeing Ronnie Lyles streetracing one, but he got it used.

There was a real 68 Hemi Dart on the street in San Diego in the late 90's. Tubbed out with real Halibrand magnesium wheels. Not sure the history of it but I have a couple of engine bay pics of it at a friends shop. I believe it got sold or traded for a max wedge car, and from there who knows where it went. Was on the cover of Mopar review or one of them magazines when the guy I knew owned it. He wasn't the original owner though.

There was the one found on a used car lot and driven off the lot, 1980's Hot Rod magazine story on it, I think it was a Mancini car maybe? Norm sold 13 Darts, I have one of them. The MSO for my car has the wrong VIN on it, says LS23M8B instead of L023M8B, silly Chrysler...

Guy I knew up in queens NY named George had a 68 Cuda he had tagged as a regular car.

I'm from Queens (Flushing) originally. Got any pics and/or details? I only knew of the "Mutt Bros" and some guys in the Bronx that had, IIRC a '65 car but that was it for streetified (?) race cars.

I'm from Queens (Flushing) originally. Got any pics and/or details? I only knew of the "Mutt Bros" and some guys in the Bronx that had, IIRC a '65 car but that was it for streetified (?) race cars.
George Baptiste ...I'm thinking he was about 60ish 25 years ago, when I was racing Hemi stuff up there

In the early 90s there was one, on the street, in Pa. -- It was a 68 Dart, painted light Yellow -- ser# 7.

-
Back