running new fuel line....fire wall?

-
Actually, very easy to solve. So far as your fuel line, if you ran that for heat reasons, I think you might be disappointed

yeah im thinking that also, now its back in a "trapped" air space against a bulkhead nearer the headers...guess the front may be a place to go back to and figure something out...

Actually, very easy to solve. So far as your fuel line, if you ran that for heat reasons, I think you might be disappointed

never have been a fan of battery in the trunk in street cars... long way to have that BIG HOT wire run....

It's very easy to spot the fake stuff. Guaranteed that is not allowed.
What I was saying is that some of the true braided hose isn't any better from the perspective of what that rule is trying to accomplish.

never have been a fan of battery in the trunk in street cars... long way to have that BIG HOT wire run....
So put a Ford type relay at the battery and don't have that big wire live all of the time. Only need the large cable for starting, the rest of the time can run off of an 8 ga. and that's easy enough to protect. Freeing up that space in the engine bay as well as moving the battery out of the heat and moving it's mass off the front are all good reasons to move it.

Note to start a pissing match. but most cars now have the battery under the back seat or in the trunk. they are hidden all over the place, but not to many reside under the hood any more.

bought my battery a nice new comfortable under the hood battery tray and new ground and pos cables....its very happy there.

I don't have any rubber line whatsoever. Just about 8" of braided stainless covered rubber, which as far as I was told by a tech at sonoma, was ok. My car failed tech for not having a battery shutoff in the trunk area. I rigged the switch up wrong and the car still ran when it was shut off. I have since sorted it out though.[/QUOTE

your car must be fast...im pretty sure the battery shut of is required on cars reaching a certain time bracket? im sure someone will correct me if im wrong on that, or is it required on all cars with battery relocated to trunk...i have not held a NHRA license since 2007... let mine go.

Does any one make a prebent (Stock looking)fuel line 3/8 for a Duster from trunk to front pump. Just for an upgrade. Old one was thrashed years ago and I am doing a restore now. Six pack 340 Demon. The right stuff doesn't list it. Please advise. Thanks caxey1

your car must be fast...im pretty sure the battery shut of is required on cars reaching a certain time bracket? im sure someone will correct me if im wrong on that, or is it required on all cars with battery relocated to trunk...i have not held a NHRA license since 2007... let mine go.

I don't know how fast it is yet. It's not a record breaker - it's just a turbocharged 225. I had to put the battery in the trunk in an NHRA approved box, and because it's in the trunk I have to have a shutoff located on the rear of the vehicle. It's required for all relocations.

Inline tube has 3/8" prebent Duster lines on eBay. I bought one, wish I hadnt... It's a nice piece but I'm planning on putting subframe connectors on my car in the future so I'm gonna end up custom bending the front half anyway to stay away from the future connectors. Coulda saved money by buying line and bending my own.

Nearly where I put the Valiant's by-passing FPR:

i-JkTntM9-M.jpg

Obviously with a slant exhaust heat in the area isn't an issue.

Is this a return style system?

Which I think is odd because some of the braided SS hose may as well be just regular fuel hose with some of that Spectre cosmetic braid over it.
there are hi pressure rubber? fuel injection lines that are legal.

-
Back