rust removal

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I would like to clean and remove rust and some small bolts and screw's. Should I just drop these in evaporust or is there a better way that you have used.

Soak them in white vinegar overnight, then drop some baking soda in the bucket. Let them sit for 30 minutes and wash them off with a green scrubbing pad or an old toothbrush. I ve had very good results with that.

I would like to clean and remove rust and some small bolts and screw's. Should I just drop these in evaporust or is there a better way that you have used.
Get a cheap tumbler....

I've used vinegar, how much baking soda

I've used vinegar, how much baking soda

Depends on how much vinegar you use. But basically, enough to make a reaction throughout the vinegar that will last a half hour.

Alternatively, if you can spent 50 or so dollars on a tumbler from Amazon, that will be something you can use to polish things as well.

Depends on how much vinegar you use. But basically, enough to make a reaction throughout the vinegar that will last a half hour.

Alternatively, if you can spent 50 or so dollars on a tumbler from Amazon, that will be something you can use to polish things as well.

The tumbler is a good idea Dukeboy_318!

I just read a post on another site about a tumbler. Any idea about cost for a small one

If you don't paint them, look at Rustoleum's rust preventive spray (Ace Hardware). It is a waxy cosmoline-type coating that goes on wet and quick to use. They say it protects for 6 months outdoors, but probably more under-hood and better than nothing.

Bill, I am thinking more about the interior parts that will be covered and not seen again for another 50 years. The under the hood bolts will be painted in the next few weeks. There was a great deal of rust in my formula S.

Yes You should, no there isn't.......................................

-
Back