Rust repair around striker in door frame?

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
I remember seeing in a magazine at some point a how to on repairing the rust around the striker. My driver's side is weak, and needs help. Does anyone remember the magazine article, or have some general repair directions?

The article I have in my head is a little different, they cut a larger square out and used thicker metal, but the Moparts link might work well too. Mine is rusting around the entire raised area, not just the the circular center pin like the MoparMuscle article.

I read it also; but have too many subscriptions and dont recall which mag it was in.
Car Craft or MCG or Street Rodder or Hot Rod...etc....
But on some of their web sites you can do a search and it usually brings up the article you are looking for. It has worked for me in the past and alot easier than digging through all the mags.

I know what you're talking about, but can't find it. It was on a primered Cuda. I think it might have even been in that mag that got swallowed up by Mopar Muscle. Seems to me that they put a plate in behind to support the striker post.

There's a company that makes a patch for this area and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it!!! I have it on my pc at home. I'll post it later today.

I know what you're talking about, but can't find it. It was on a primered Cuda. I think it might have even been in that mag that got swallowed up by Mopar Muscle. Seems to me that they put a plate in behind to support the striker post.

That sounds right.
Well, it appears there are several options. The Dynamic looks good, but may try the plate with screws first. I guess I could always make that plate, and weld it instead of screw it, grind and paint? That way it would have substantially more strength in that area?

Thoughts?

i purchased the amd door jamb for my duster. it's well made and a quality piece.

I cut a good one out of a car in the junk yard. I would probably buy the repair plate available now if I had to do it again. It looks to be reinforced and would last forever.

Mine is holding up well, but only have maybe 4,500 miles on it since restoring.

-
Back