Rust through floor question

-

ColoMopar

Reaction score
Need some advice here guys. I have rust through under the driver's and passenger's feet and I need to add a four speed hump. Do I patch this thing up with floor sections and a hump or is there a re-pop floor that already has the hump? I know that AMD has a floor pan but I would need to add the hump to it.

Any advice?

I believe the floor pans are the same and the hump was added.

Go to autobody specialties, they do carry the floors for each side and they do have a the piece for a four speed. You can get a 1 piece floor, not sure if they carry just the front one piece.

I know the floor is an intrigal part of the unibody construction. Are there any special proceedures for replacing it? Does the car need to be on a frame machine to keep it straight?

I would level up the car on jack stands, and if it is a convertible brace the door openings to prevent the car from folding in two. It doesn’t take much deflection to cause the doors not to close if you weld in the floor and the car isn’t straight square, and stabilized. Adding sub frame connectors before the floor repair would be a good thing to do as well.

-
Back