Rust

-

little E

Reaction score
Well it's almost done, a little more work and I'll have it all smoothed out.

Rust 001.jpg

Rust 002.jpg

Rust 003.jpg

looks good:) and good welding job. i have always wondered why do everyone use multiple panels to patch something. i always thought it would be stronger and easier to use one piece but everyone uses a few

Looking good little E.
Tyler, when you have compound curves like little E encountered there, it's often easier to weld in smaller pieces than to try to curve and fit one large piece. If you had the tools to forms the different curves, it would work, but sometimes the full patch causes more headaches than it's worth.

Looking good. The member who was looking for patches for the bottom 4 inches of his 68 quarters should take notes here.

One large patch can become a blooper panel ( moves in and out ) once welded all around. Then you would need to push it in, kink it and hope it stays in. More filler required.

Looking good little E.
Tyler, when you have compound curves like little E encountered there, it's often easier to weld in smaller pieces than to try to curve and fit one large piece. If you had the tools to forms the different curves, it would work, but sometimes the full patch causes more headaches than it's worth.

ok that makes sense. it really looks good tho i was just curious

This was my first patch job, so I'm kind of learning as I go. Thanks for the compliments, I'll post pics of the finished product when done. This is going to be a race car so there will be lots of pics to come.

looks real good. the smaller places are much easier this way.you've done a fine job.keep it up.

It's pretty much done. I will get some primer with filler and sand it smooth.

Rust 001.jpg

fine job man. this is exactly how i'd have done it accept for the primer. i use an etching primer and then an epoxy 2-k then a sealer. looks reallly good though.

-
Back