Rutting bulls.

-

Badart

Reaction score
Sorry about the grainy pictures. It was still pretty dark when I took these this morning. Saw something that I have only seen a few times while elk hunting. These two young bulls were fighting about 40 yards from me. Pretty fun to just sit back and watch. One of the bulls got his butt kicked and was rolled on his back just before the picture was taken. The second picture if of a different bull that busted me taking pictures. It was a herd of about 40 elk and had 5 small bulls thinking that they are going to get lucky until the big boy shows up and kicks some butt. I have seen the aftermath of some of these bull fight to almost death. There is nothing in this world that compares to a rutting bull bugle up close and personal. Not for everyone but pretty cool anyway.

Bulls fighting.jpg

Bulls fighting2.jpg

My kind of enjoyment =P~ Watching mother nature:cheers:
Thank you for sharing this very cool sight :cheers:

Thanks Badart! You're 100% correct in your statement about hearing an elk bugle close up. You need a job with Marty Stouffer. :)

Thanks for the pictures and I wish you a productive and fun hunting season.

I envy you! I have wanted to go Elk hunting for years. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

This is actually on my buddies property that borders national forest. In about another week these bulls will be going crazy up in there fighting and screaming for about 2 weeks straight. Everyone should experience the elk rut once in their lives. This is a draw unit so you can only hunt cows and spikes with an over the counter tag. I could have already shot a few cows with my bow, but I am holding out to get a little exercise for an upcoming New Mexico bull hunt and then we will be heading to Kansas for a whitetail hunt.

-
Back