Ryan's 1969 Barracuda Notchback

-

Stukenbroeker

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm new to the forum, and have recently acquired a sweet 69 Barracuda Notchback. It has the original 318 in it, and overall it is a pretty clean car. I have a few ideas of some things I would like to do to it, but what I would really like is your input and ideas of some changes I should make. Currently it is manual all drum brakes, manual steering, auto trans, and from what I can tell pretty much everything is stock. So so input on what changes/upgrades I should make would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong area, but this seemed to be the most fitting forum. I am going to try to add pics, but I'm still not quite sure how to do it!

Attachments

• DSCN7473.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 009.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 690
  • 013.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 700
Hi Ryan, all depends on how you plan to use it, if its your daily driver and your concerned about fuel cost, then mechanically I would leave it alone, Disc brake conversion on the front is always a good thing, I like my cars to have power brakes and steering but thats a matter of personal preference. The crushed velvet inserts on the seats have them dyed black.

Hey welcome Ryan, I have a 69 cuda as well...my plans for upgrades are discs on the front and still havent decided on front suspension ...yet...PST or Just Suspension...better handling is the goal. Good luck and keep us posted. Looks like u got the pic thing figured out..you may have to resize the pics to beable to post them.

Welcome I have a 69 Knotchback as well. Very long term project.

Nice looking notch ryan. No it did not come with the velvet seats.

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 3,353
Nice looking car, looks fun! I really like the crushed velvet seats, they look good so I would leave them, it gives it that vintage look, especially with the Cragar wheels :D

nice looking ride Ryan! Upgrades are really tailored to you and how you want to use it. As mentioned, upgrade to discs so it stops well is probably the first thing on the menu. That will beg the question, do you buy a kit so you can use the small bolt pattern and keep your wheels, or go with used Mopar front end disc parts off a newer a-body with big bolt pattern and then you will need new front wheels, then your bolt pattern won't match front to rear so... upgrading the rear is then in order...

Super nice ride!!

Maybe a cosmetic overhall to suit your taste
large bolt pattern disc brakes, large bolt pattern 8 3/4 with disc brakes "I got mine off a late '90s jeep cherokee". Then of course new wheels. Maybe an old school tach on the colume....

I have a 67 Notch, and I LOVE the Hemi scoops like Cuda20 shows on his ride.........I think the Notches are uniquely suited for those scoop lines.

I'm also partial to nice woodgrain, so I'm workin' on some real mahogany veneer to layer on top of some original aluminum door trim panels I picked up.

Your Notch looks like a great car to start buildlin' a real dream ride out of. My restoration progress is in 'Doc's 67 Cuda Resto' thread......Maybe you'll pick up a few ideas.......who knows........

If I could swing it, I would definitely do a front disc conversion........Gotta get my electrical system fixed first I guess.

Nice looking car. Yeah a front disc brake conversion would be nice. Also rebuild the front suspension if it needs it. Check the two rubber brake lines up front and the one rubber brake line in the rear and replace those if they look aged.

Nice Notch and I love em. Love the 69's :) I have large bolt discs going on my fastback (when I get to that point), have all the parts. First notch I ever saw was a buddies 68, 340, 4 speed. He traded his 67 Nova SS 327 for it and shocked all his chebby buddies. Car was fast, but the funny thing is, he thought he bought a 440 and when he brought it into the gas station where we both worked, I was raving about how great the 340 was supposed to be and that's when he realized it wasn't a 440. He never regretted it though. Took a bunch of trophies at the track. It was red w/black vinyl top and white lower body side stripes. Sweet cars.

-
Back