s/s springs

-

phf

Reaction score
how much higher is my 67 barracuda going to sit if i install the mopar s/s springs?

been a while, I had a 67 cuda notch back and it lifted the rear 3 or 4 inches,without them my outer 10.5 slick would have hit the outer fender but cleared the upper pans very well . you have to use proper inset rims .

im just concerned about the back end of the car been too high up, it might look wierd, but if it's 3-4 inches i guess thats ok. thanks guys

You can always flip the front hangers like I did on my dart.

Stance1.jpg

You can always flip the front hangers like I did on my dart.

Did that affect your pinion angle?

I have been thinking about lowering blocks for mine cause my butt is wayy up in the air on this car.
Keeping in mind it's not fully dressed out yet though.

wheels31.jpg

wheels14.jpg

wheels15.jpg

wheels27.jpg

I do really like it though.

I will see how it feels after she's road worthy, then see if i need to drop it down a bit.

I have a feeling that with the ss springs, and the 3" relocation, I may have some crappy handling on the street, but the cool factor is definitely there.

Some guys hate it, some guys love it.

I am running an A-body 8 3/4 rear and the wheels are 15x10 with a 7.5 inch backspace.
These wheels used to be on sanitylosts's dart from Moparts.

I dont think it change my pinion angle much at all. I would guess that it lowered it around 1-1 1/2 inches at the most

Question, anyone here try the JC whitney helper spings on just a stock spring? If so what weight in size did you go with and what were the results?

There are adjustables and 1-2k lbs sizes.

thanks!

-
Back