s6/360 swap?

-

7dart0

Reaction score
is there an actual list of what is needed for this swap. if not what do i need? its a 70 dart swinger.

thanks tom

The Schumacher web site has a good list

if you are using a 360 904 you can use your driveshaft. if you are using a 727, you will have to wack 4 inches out of it, and you will need the 727 yoke. the trans mount is the same

i have been running my 7 1/4 , 10" front and 9" rear drum brakes and torsion bars for over a year now and it is working just fine but i dont hammer on this car. if you are doing this for performance, you are going to want to upgrade your axle to an 8 1/4 or 8 3/4, along with the brakes. some advise upgrading the torsion bars, but i have not and they work just fine. that said,

you will need:

conversion mounts
v8 radiator
exhaust (i am just running headers)

i am using all the wiring, and the throttle cable

i am assuming this is an automatic car. mine was a three speed manual so i cant tell you about the linkage and trans lines.

i have a 727 so i had to have my driveshaft worked on, but outside of that , with all my parts together, i had my six out and V8 in and running in 6 hours by myself.

yes my car is an auto w/6. im doing 360 with 904 tranny. so it will be ok to use the 7 1/4 to cruise around with for a while till i get other things situated? i planned on new exhaust anway

tom

yes my car is an auto w/6. im doing 360 with 904 tranny. so it will be ok to use the 7 1/4 to cruise around with for a while till i get other things situated? i planned on new exhaust anway

tom

ive been using mine for over a year now. no problems whatsoever. i dont abuse it . im also using cheapy hooker long tube headers. but if you have a pair of A manifolds id use them. for some reason , ive already seen A body 318/360 manifolds going for stupid prices. some folks think they are made of gold.

-
Back