-

Mr. Sinister

Devastation Manager
Reaction score
7F1952A3-B61B-435F-8FC7-0272CE459E88.jpeg

242A01A7-67DC-4024-8B4A-81479D524D1C.jpeg

C4DE624A-4009-4264-8416-1CD7A2EDAA1A.jpeg

A825154E-9D13-405F-B91D-FCEB7C4AD3C9.png

At the local pick n pull …..looks like it was a great car even looks to still have its full interior…….

My brother and I were looking at a 66 Ford 7 Litre convertible earlier this week. Car is pretty solid and extremely complete, mint interior, but frame is rusty.

wow, that's pretty crazy considering the money those cars are bringing now.

i had a 63 500 2dr w/ a police interceptor 390. it was a great car. transmission was kind of hot garbage, but a built C4 fixed that right up. the 4 wheel power drums were less than ideal.

This yard is very reputable and has a dealer license. This cars numbers have probably already been run. It is currently in holding.

Is that a full body on frame car and the frame is gone, or is the rear end and front sub frame gone?

Either way, that is still a common sight for mopar C bodies and full sized cars and it shouldn't be because those cars are disappearing.

Is that a full body on frame car and the frame is gone, or is the rear end and front sub frame gone?

Either way, that is still a common sight for mopar C bodies and full sized cars and it shouldn't be because those cars are disappearing.
that's a full frame car. so either somebody adios'd with the rolling gear or it got smacked up hard and that's all that's left.

just odd because what's gone (the tail lights, gas door) and what's still there-- the side trim has to be worth a fortune and the interior appears intact.

From what I was able to see it looked too straight to have been in a heavy front impact the doors are both flush and straight to the quarters even the windshield is clear no cracks from where I was standing were visible.
And yes these old Fords were full frames.

wow, that's pretty crazy considering the money those cars are bringing now.

i had a 63 500 2dr w/ a police interceptor 390. it was a great car. transmission was kind of hot garbage, but a built C4 fixed that right up. the 4 wheel power drums were less than ideal.
i used to have an 87 bronco with a 351...that C4 was the first thing to break

After 40 odd years building Mopars,I ventured over to drag home a Ford builder. I got tired of way overpriced Mopar rollers/projects and found even though the Ford stuff will uually start off toohigh, reality seems toset in quickly there!!!! Plus easier to source used parts and repop stuff is better priced! Yea, I know, it is BLASFAMY!!!! I still have a few Mopars and even an AMC!!!!! :poke:
:steering::realcrazy::thumbsup:

My brother and I were looking at a 66 Ford 7 Litre convertible earlier this week. Car is pretty solid and extremely complete, mint interior, but frame is rusty.
My brother bought it yesterday, will have to get over to his place and check it out on the hoist. He said he had a good look at the underside of it once it was on the trailer and it was much better than he originally thought.

My brother bought it yesterday, will have to get over to his place and check it out on the hoist. He said he had a good look at the underside of it once it was on the trailer and it was much better than he originally thought.
all you boys need now is a F-150 frame and a set of superswampers and you're in business

-
Back