Saetun's Mac & Cheese

-

Saetun

Sinister Swinger
Reaction score
K guys, here's a quick & dirty way to impress a date. (Or your wife for that matter.) This one is easy & women seem to really appreciate a man that cooks. (Even more so after a few glasses of wine)

What you'll need:
8oz macaroni noodles dry (Penne or rotini is also awesome & adds a little more flair)
2 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
2 Tbs butter or margerine
1/4 AP flour
2 cups milk
8oz Andouille sausage
generous handful of italian breadcrumbs

What to do:
Heat oven to 350F
Fill medium saucepan with water. (leave room for pasta)
Bring water to a boil
Boil macaroni for exactly eight minutes stirring frequently.
Drain & set aside in separate mixing bowl, preferably.

mix milk, butter & flour in saucepan & bring to boil. Make sure flour is dissolved & lower heat to simmer to let roux (your new mixture) thicken & let starchy taste cook out.

stir in cheddar cheese 1 cup at a time until fully melted, then add 1 cup swiss until melted. remove from heat.

Chop Andouille sausage into course, even chunks. (roughly 1/2"-3/4") Toss the sausage on top of the pasta. Mix in cheese sauce until fully mixed.

Add entire mixture to round casserole dish (I would spray mine with olive oil first) and even it out. Take a handful of breadcrumbs & generously layer the top. (here's the trick to brown the breadcrumbs; once applied spray them directly with olive oil and they will brown nicely)

Place in 350 degree preheated oven for 30 min. Let stand 5 min & serve with crusty bread. Enjoy.

DELICIOUS!... but if its "Saetun's" Mac N Cheese Shouldn't there be peppers? HOT ones?

I have a Recipe for Mac & Jesus, no joke, I should pull up for you guys.

Sounds like a great recipe, but some how I can't see my wife being impressed by Mac and cheese, with or without wine. Lol

Sounds more like a dad and kids dish. Different strokes....

Sounds delicious! But, what is Andouille sausage?

From Wikipedia:
Andouille (/ɑːnˈdwiː/ahn-DWEE; French pronunciation: [ɑ̃duj]) is defined as a coarse-grained smoked sausage made using pork, garlic, pepper, onions, wine, and seasonings. Andouille is French in origin, and was later brought to the United States through Louisiana by French immigrants. In the United States, the sausage is most often associated with Cajun cooking. Nicknamed "The Andouille Capital of the World," the town of LaPlace, Louisiana, on the Mississippi River, is especially noted for its Cajun andouille.
Andouille sausages are sometimes referred to as "hot link" sausages.

-
Back