Saftey Glasses

-
All better. Good looking Dr made it easier. She numbed my eye and got the metal out with a needle then drilled out the rust. It wasnt nearly as bad as I was expecting. That doesnt mean I want to do it again though, LOL I have to go back in the morning to have it checked.
Nothing like that view of the little drill that looks like 5/8 bit by the time it hits your eye!!
At my age now I get the bi focal safety glasses!
Bifocular me? Well......Byfocular you too!!!
Glad to hear your better!!:cheers:

Well back to the Drs yesterday for a check. He wanted to drill more rust out, another Drs opinion was not to. He felt it was not rust but just discoloration and irritation.

I have to go back again to day and will most likely be put on a steroid. Time to get the weights out and bulk up, LOL

I keep waking up with very blurry vision in my eye. Very annoying, and uncomfortable. They feel its just dryness causing it, Looks like another day out of work unless it clears up early.

Someday you will probably need a MRI for some other problem. They will ask you if you have ever had metal in your eye or similar. Once you say yes, its on ! They are going to examine you eyes before continuing with the MRI. Some insurance companies balk at paying for the eye exam.
Its best to go ahead and say yes the first time. Afterwards , just say no.
There are 4 different places to get a MRI here and all 4 would do the eye exam.
If we had a top 10 list of reasons to wear safety glasses , number 1 would have to be Hot Mopar Babes Thread. Get well soon

A couple of weeks ago I was working on the camp. I started up the skill saw and bang, a chunk of wood bounced off my glass's. I sure was glad I was wearing them.

Jack

Well back to the Drs yesterday for a check. He wanted to drill more rust out, another Drs opinion was not to. He felt it was not rust but just discoloration and irritation.

I have to go back again to day and will most likely be put on a steroid. Time to get the weights out and bulk up, LOL

I keep waking up with very blurry vision in my eye. Very annoying, and uncomfortable. They feel its just dryness causing it, Looks like another day out of work unless it clears up early.
First time it happened to me when I was a kid swinging and looked up at the beautiful sky and rust from swing chain went into my eye. Have been drilled several times sense (not in a good way) and always use bi focal safety glasses. I still get stuff go into eyes around the glasses. Just follow instructions to a tee and hopfully things work out.
The eyes could use less time on the monitor right now too! Have someone dictate for you!!!
Hope you feel better!

Im down to taking the drops 3 times a day from every hour but Im now on steroids 3 times a day also.. Your right about the monitor and light in general bothers my eye after awhile.

Im down to taking the drops 3 times a day from every hour but Im now on steroids 3 times a day also.. Your right about the monitor and light in general bothers my eye after awhile.
I have been avoiding drill trips lately by keeping a blue antique eyewash cup on top of my kitchen sink and at the first sign of crap in the eye, and off I go to the sink and wash eye out. Has kept me from the drill for..............well enough of that or I'll jinx myself.
Get off the computer and take a 10 hour nap.

-
Back