saging roof?

-

slipyoke

Reaction score
So my interior roof on my 76 duster is sorta starting to sag, it got a little damp inside. Now if i filled syringe with silicone poked it into the sag and then proped it up with a stick do you think it would work? a little bizzare and cheep but hey if it works awesome. Any ideas would be great though thanks guys.

I dont think it will work. If it got wet enough to sag the headliner board, its guaranteed that there is enough rust on the inside of the roof line it wont stick past the end of the driveway. I have never done it so dont quote me that it wont work. I just wouldnt have high hopes of it working.

It costs a little more than a syringe and silicone, but will look alot better. Get an abs plastic replacement. You can get them covered or uncovered and paint them to your desire.

I dont think it will work. If it got wet enough to sag the headliner board, its guaranteed that there is enough rust on the inside of the roof line it wont stick past the end of the driveway. I have never done it so dont quote me that it wont work. I just wouldnt have high hopes of it working.

It costs a little more than a syringe and silicone, but will look alot better. Get an abs plastic replacement. You can get them covered or uncovered and paint them to your desire.

yeah i thought i would have top go that rout. is there a web site or anything you can shoot me?

When it comes to headliners (whether they are fabric or board material), once they start to go, there's no repairing them. You just need to yank it and live without it or replace it.

lol i got patches from back to front covering lil tears no sagging yet but tent patches aree vynal they work for patches but yea whats that website.

I bought some wooden molding about 1/2" or 3/4" wide and cut it to just the right length so when it butted against both sides of the car's side window molding it curved up and held the headliner up. It has stayed in place 2+ years.

An idea for you is to get a foctory headliner or come comprable material to copy yours and cover it with new style headliner material. THe result is very nice. I replaced my bow style with yours, just recovered and it looks very trick.

Thanks guys. looks like ill go with the new one next pay day.

-
Back