Sail Panels Lets See How You've Done Them..

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
I have a 73 Duster with the infamous Plastic Sail Panels. Since no one repops them, it sounds like all of us have the same issues. Cracked, in pieces, broken tabs, elongated holes, warped, plastic welded all over, and the list goes on.. I re-painted a pair that I bought last year and had to weld one of them as well. As my luck would have it I went to move them out of the way and of course moving the second one the end that stretches back to the package tray I just happened to grab it the wrong way and it broke off.. I was Pi$$ed to say the least.. (I do have a line on getting another one, should work out the deal here in the next week or so from a member here on FABO)
But my question is, has anyone ever re-covered them with anything? Or has anyone ever remade their own with different materials? If ya have post a few pictures, I'd sure like to get some ideas of maybe doing something different with a better result...

"19 Again"

here is my solution using 1970 metal sails, however you need to go to the top corner of the rear window in stead of where I went to.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo178.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Photo179.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Photo183.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 168
  • Photo219.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Photo220.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 166
That's Cool!!!!!!!!! Did you put the plastic and the metal together to get the whole piece? ??

The whole thing was done in metal first then two layers of 6k carbon were vacuum bagged to the metal for the final finish. But you could just as easily do filler and paint.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo217.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 118
-
Back