Sandblasting

-

Claudius

Reaction score
Well, I am kicking myself for not locating Consolidated Compressor in Calgary before today. I took a number of parts in and used one of their outdoor sandblasting stations. I cannot believe that I was actually trying to grind and buff (wire brush) parts clean,

The outdoor stations have enough power to rip the hide off the devil himself. (The guy at the station next to mine was blasting his flatbed trailer...

The minimum charge is for 20 minutes and that was all it took. At less than $35, it was well worth it.

I wish they had a "roll you own" blasting shop like that around here. Great idea.

Thats what I was thinking!! I've been wrestling with sandblasting for 2 weeks now trying to get my 8 3/4 done!! 2 inline Campbell hausfield dryers and still no f'n work!! Glad to s/b'ing working for ya claudius!!

The guy who showed me how to run the unit warned me about that. I had the transmission lower access cover there and I held the hose up as high as I could. I had to turn the part over and reshape the metal a bit. It is minor and I will be able to gently flatten it out before re-installing it later on. The rest of the parts were much more solid. The very rusted windage tray that I bought from a FABO member looks completely different now...

I just wish it would warm up enough to be able to paint. We had icicles on the garage the day before yesterday and everyone was heavily bundled up for my daughter's soccer game last night because it was hovering around the freezing point. That sucks.

By next Friday, it is supposed to be ~65F. I need a more temperate climate...

Be very careful if you blast any sheet metal body parts it can warp them.

Chuck

-
Back