Sander disc guidance please.

-

Inertia

Reaction score
I'm using a 5" Bosch electric DA that I really like, in ignorance I admit .
The discs won't stick, the original loop pad lasted for years, then wore out, disc wouldn't stick regardless of clean etc, bought a new adhesive loop disc for old pad, lasted about 10 discs, disintegrated, bought a whole new Bosch pad, after about 10 discs, it won't hold them.
How do I get a disc to stick to this DA, or what's the best alternative electric .
Thank-you

Hook-it. Velcro like.
I think that's what he has. 3m is the best thing going as far as Velcro goes I believe. You might not find a quality one unless it's that brand. When I was on the tool truck I sold a lot of PSA sandpaper. "sticky pads" But that was sandpaper and not "sander discs". What grit are you using. Anything coarser than 80 grit and you should be using a high speed grinder and not a DA. These discs have a hole in the middle and a big nut to attach them to a fiber backing disc.

I think that's what he has. 3m is the best thing going as far as Velcro goes I believe. You might not find a quality one unless it's that brand. When I was on the tool truck I sold a lot of PSA sandpaper. "sticky pads" But that was sandpaper and not "sander discs". What grit are you using. Anything coarser than 80 grit and you should be using a high speed grinder and not a DA. These discs have a hole in the middle and a big nut to attach them to a fiber backing disc.

I guess I just read adhesive but you are correct about 3m pads. I just ordered a new one for my 8 inch D.A. not cheap but lasted 20 years of daily use.

-
Back