Sandersons DD7's

-

branded209

Reaction score
I need some headers to go with the new motor im putting into my 72 swinger
Its equipped with- 318 small block with AC, Power steering
I need headers that have no modification required does anyone know if these will fit? their website says they will but i know how ac and "sure it will fit" websites are

here is a link to the website and the exact headers i am looking at
http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-DD7-Small-Block-Chrysler-Blockhugger-Header-Set.html

let me know what you guys think and or know from experience please~:prayer:

The only two that fit are TTI or Doug's Headers.

Those look like a very nice pair of block huggers, I wonder how the "NO GASKETS" works out?? those definatly are not long tube headers, but they might be fine for you.

Those look like a very nice pair of block huggers, I wonder how the "NO GASKETS" works out?? those definatly are not long tube headers, but they might be fine for you.

They say "use silicone." In my book that IS a gasket. I used to USE silicone when I had headers on the 340 in the old FJ-40 Landcruiser. Used it on the head flanges and the collectors

(I think the reason I did that is because the flanges were slightly off. I had welded Mopar flanges onto a set of "Chivvy" SB headers from Advance Adapter for a Jeep CJ)

didn't know these were available.
if they fit,i would use them.
nice looking!

I hope somebody buys these or they'll surely stop making them. I would get a set but I already have a set of the Doug's full length headers and my exhaust system already set up for them.

Dang, if they took the #1 tube and dropped it down between 5 and 7 it looks like it would fit an early A....375 seems a little steep for that through. No gasket is fine of the flanges are heavy and straight and NOT round! I think I would go ultra copper though, higher heat. Oh yeah, someone should tell Sanderson that a Mopar SB starter is on the LEFT (driver side viewed from the rear) side....

I really don't feel like paying 600+ dollars for headers, so no one has ever used a set of these? I was thinking because of them being short and leaning twards the block they would go between the steering box and clear alright?

I contacted them about these and they guarantee they fit or send them back is what they told me and as for the TTI's I put a set on a Duster few years ago and had to put a few dings in them to get proper clearance but never tried Dougs

I've got those on my 72 dart, AC is removed but I'm sure it wouldn't matter. Before I ordered they said they would fit without modification but when i installed them they were just laying against the rag joint. had to shim the motor & install a flaming river steering coupler to make them fit. When I told Sanderson my problem they said they only fit a 73 Duster but they can fit the dart with some "small' modifications. $500 for headers, $200 for coupler and shims, could've got TTI's for that price. There good headers but are not a perfect fit.

I contacted them about these and they guarantee they fit or send them back is what they told me and as for the TTI's I put a set on a Duster few years ago and had to put a few dings in them to get proper clearance but never tried Dougs

then your motor wasn't sitting in the proper position.

i ve been thinking about these headers for my demon build too, but waiting to hear more feedback from owners.

Hi. Wracks 71 put a set of these headers on his car last winter and he had issues with the drivers side hitting some part of the steering. I don't know if it was ever resolved. Bobby

They would be fine on a smaller motor since the pipe size is 1 1/2".

There alright now. Had to shim the motor and new coupler. But like I said, it wasn't such a good deal after all. TTI's if I was going to do it over.

Attachments

• Photo- sanderson headers (WinCE).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 504
So aside from the steering issue, did they work well? Were the collectors in the right (or at least good) place?

I'm a manual steering kinda guy, which says none of that crap should be in the way on my car.

-
Back