Sask Mopar rookie in need of a car.

-

PowellKerekes

Reaction score
Hello all from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada.

I don't really have much to contribute since I am new to the Mopar scene, but am eager to find and learn to fix a classic... When I have time that is!

Can't wait to get a project car and share it with the rest of you. Until then, I will be on the sidelines watching and learning from the pros.

It is a lot of fun to fix em up and get to drive them afterwards.
Every day people comment on them at gas stations, stores and even going down the road.
People will pull up next to you and give you a thumbs up on the freeway.
There are only about 3 classic Mopars in the town I live in, mine, a 66 Dart and a 71 Dart that is having overheating issues and a bad trans.
I offered 2,000 for the 71 before I bought mine, but she said "My friends are all telling me that it's worth between 4,500 and 5,000"
I had to tell her that with quarter panel damage, missing and broken tail light lenses, a motor that has overheating issues and a bad trans it's not.
I bought my 73, 318/904 for 2,300 and drove it home 120 miles, and it's in way better shape.
They are out there, but patience is the key.

Hello all from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada.

I don't really have much to contribute since I am new to the Mopar scene, but am eager to find and learn to fix a classic... When I have time that is!

Can't wait to get a project car and share it with the rest of you. Until then, I will be on the sidelines watching and learning from the pros.

Welcome to FABO. I'm about 3.5 hours drive West of you in Alberta. Good luck with the car search, and if I hear of anything decent for sale in this area Ill post it up for you.

Welcome to FABO, Powell.
What is your budget?
There should be some cars in your area for a reasonable price.
There's oldkimmer on here from Kindersley that might be able to help you.
He seems like a nice guy and doesn't live too far from you really......
He's been on here a long time.

Welcome to FABO, Powell.
What is your budget?
There should be some cars in your area for a reasonable price.
There's oldkimmer on here from Kindersley that might be able to help you.
He seems like a nice guy and doesn't live too far from you really......
He's been on here a long time.

Yea Kindersley's a Mopar hotspot, I think for years.

Thanks for he warm welcome everyone!

As far as budget goes, anything reasonable under $10K I'm sure I could handle.
I am looking for something g fun to drive during the summer that I can use on the streets. Also something that is complete or close to it, as I don't have a shop set up as of yet.

While browsing the classified ads on FABO, I have found a few nice deals. Just need the time off work to go look. Also would have to contact the poster of the ad and get a plane ticket to see some of these beautiful cars.

Good luck to you, it's a buyer's market out there, you should be able to get something good for under 10 grand.

Welcome to FABO! Keep your eyes on the classic cars section of kijiji, search by province and go through the 4 western ones. I look almost daily and there are some good deals that pop up from time to time, if I had the space and last months winning lotto 6/49 ticket I would have snagged a few, but my Demon keeps me broke as a joke. Ebay.ca has a few very good deals from time to time. Good luck with your search.

Welcome from a far a way place from you.Do your self a favor start out with a clean car,not a rust bucket.

-
Back