say goodbye, wish her well!

-

hamsterhats

Reaction score
My little angel is being picked up for paint on Nov. 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A really good guy is doing all the body work, then spraying it hot rod black. I am very excited!!!!

IMG_0187.jpg

he is doing the body and paint for 3000 cash. This includes trunk, engine bay, jams. Said i'll have it back in 2-3 weeks. A metal shop his brother owns in our little town is making replacement panels. Time will tell! I am supplying all trim, window gaskets, handles, mirrors, lenses etc....

Yes! I'll be watching this thread too for some after pics. My black Valiant needs some body work as well. Where is your bodyman? :)

body guy is in bridgetown, cincinnati, ohio. His name is dan wenger. Now comes the motor debate. 360 or take my 318 and put a stroker kit in it(.20 over, 4 inch crank, 391ci). I can get a 360 with heads at autozone for 1400 bucks and a a904 for 600. Learn me here, what is the downside, get the 360, change cam and heads or 318 that i have, pay to have the stroker kit installed etc..........

Great news. Just some words of advice, go see your car often as the work progresses. You may see something even the best body man could miss. No one cares more about your car than you do. After it's painted, look at every square inch out in the sunlight. I was so awestruck seeing my car in new paint that I didn't catch a couple of runs down low....

Wow, 3 grand! If it's a good job I'm loading the Mustang on the trailer and driving 2000 miles. Can't wait to see the results. :munky2:Kev

yeah, I will be up there every week til its done! Just stopped up to touch base, I pretty much gave him all winter to do it, he insists that it will take only afew weeks. I am pretty sure that I won't see it til end of winter, we shall see!

As far as engine choice......I think it's up in the air. I wouldn't get an engine from autozone though. If you go the 360 route you could pick up a rebuild for cheap and start with that. All your 318 accessories would bolt right up and you would have a good runner. Either choice is not going to be cheap if you want it to last though. Machine work and balancing is going to cost and new pistons to bump up compression, head work for more flow......it goes on and on. I guess you could do it in stages if funds are tight though. I like the idea of a stroked 318 too. I'm not too sure if a 318 stroker puts out good power in comparison to a performance built 360 though. Lot's of help huh? :)

If you're paying out the $$ for a stroker kit, why not get a used 360 and stroke that? I picked up a rebuildable 360 for 250 a while ago. I ended up just having it tanked and I cut the ridge, honed it, and put brgs, rings, and gaskets in it and threw it in my 69 barracuda to get it going again. I plan to stroke it one of these days when I get the $$....

yeah, the 360 is sounding good, will my a904 bolt right up? I have a lot of thinking to do!

I hope this does not turn into WORST BODY JOB EVER thread again 3000 you will be told you get what you pay for here.LOL.

I have a good feeling about this guy, his javelin is almost done, body work is awesome, gto convertible is finished, paint looks like gel, super deep. As long as he can spray hot rod black(satin) without blotches, I'll be happy.

Hey guys, I am 2 months behind getting car to the body shop. The guy doing it keeps putting me off. If you were going to be payed thousNds in cash, wouldn't you want it done? Anyways, pulling motor today and have a question. Should I pull the motor and tranny together or pull motor and drop tranny? I have a 71 dart, 318. Thanks!

Pull them all at once much easer.I guesssss your behind find anouther shop that price is lowwwwwwwwww could be why he is putting you off.Also do not make the mistake I did paying him for his body work first that is a singh it will turn out like crap like mine did.I paid my guy for his body work than payed someone else for the pain job now I know why the body man wanyed to be payed first.

Same as Snake; I would say you are getting a smoking deal for all that so it is probably the reason why he is puting you off.

Yeah, gonnna pull everything together, sounds easier. I have seen two cars this guy has done, they were nice, we shall see!

If i pull both together and detach the tranny while still on the hoist, how heavy is the tranny? 904

Good luck with body and paint.last time I moved my 727 it took 2 guys to pull it out of a pickup, don't know about the 904.

beautiful car...can't wait to see pics of her all nice and painted.

-
Back