-
Status
Not open for further replies.

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Small Block 904 TorqueFlight Transmission...3 speed auto. Non lock-up unit. Came from a 1984 Chrysler. Does not come with a torque converter.
I can provide pictures and part number upon request.

Was going to use it in my 65 plymouth, yet rebuilt my trans so do not need this.
Bought it at the mopar fling, and the mopar guys claim it worked perfectly. No slipping at all they said, and has pink/red fluid with no burning smell at all.Case is very clean, and is silver in color (not all dirty and oily).

Looking for $225 and pickup in 90278 california- unless you find a way to get it to you via pallet/greyhound, etc.
If you want to take it to a shop and get it tested, thats fine.
PM me if interested. If my price is out of line, let me know why and maybe we can bargain.

Picture added:
DSCN3942.jpg

Is this a 998/999 trans.?

Specifically curious about how many clutch discs are in the front drum. Also, do you know if it has a low gear set or not?

rmchrgr...it comes up as a 84 a904, yet on the trans guide they do not list 998 or 998 transmissions...
part number is 4295887 if that helps
I havent taken it apart to check how many clutches it has

rmchrgr...it comes up as a 84 a904, yet on the trans guide they do not list 998 or 998 transmissions...
part number is 4295887 if that helps
I havent taken it apart to check how many clutches it has

Yep, I looked it up on the My Mopar reference guide. It might be a 998 since it was probably behind a 318. Seems like you never know what designated one of these things until you take it apart. Surprised it's a non lockup unit, that's what piqued my interest. Thanks for the reply.

Whats the best way to tell if its a lockup?
I took out the valve body and didnt see the lockup module and even checked out the input shaft (picture).
How hard is it to take out the clutches and check?

do you know if it has a shift kit in it. If so I might be interested. I will be in Lakewood tomorrow. I will pm you

Whats the best way to tell if its a lockup?
I took out the valve body and didnt see the lockup module and even checked out the input shaft (picture).

I can't tell from the picture you have posted, it's too dark at the end of the shaft. Here is some good info to determine if it is a Non-lockup or not.

You can identify a lockup 727 transmission because it has about 5/8" of the end of the smaller input shaft machined smooth. If the splines go out to the end of the shaft (except for about a 1/8" bevel), it's a non lock up transmission. (Thanks, Joe Reiss for sending this, and Rick Allison of A & A Transmission for noting it.)

Also some good info here w/ pics.
http://www.carcraft.com/newlook/crc_act/116_0302_trans/index1.html
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back