SB EXHAUST MANIFOLDS

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
This question has probaly been asked many times. Has anyone done a flow test on all small block exhaust manifolds ? How bad are they compared to headers, which years is the best ? Is there a way to increase the flow ?

the early 340 manifolds are the best ones out there. you can have them extrude honed but talking with a F.A.S.T class guy years ago he said that it made no difference. long tube headers will make more power

68-70 manifold part numbers.

Last edited:
I think its more about what camshaft your using I've see dyno results showing only a 10 hp difference on a stock 340. And 25HP on a all out engine with 1 3\4 in tubes.

I have a 397 ci. 360 witha supercharger 8.5 com. Not sure on cam size. It wouldnt take much to talk me into exhaust manifolds lol I have TTIs long tub on right now. Yea TTIs are better than most but im not impressed. Does anyone make a good shorty header for small block ? I put a pair of shumacher shorties on a big block A body already & i was impressed.

I have a 397 ci. 360 witha supercharger 8.5 com. Not sure on cam size. It wouldnt take much to talk me into exhaust manifolds lol I have TTIs long tub on right now. Yea TTIs are better than most but im not impressed. Does anyone make a good shorty header for small block ? I put a pair of shumacher shorties on a big block A body already & i was impressed.
I would go headers with an engine like that. You are forcing a lot more air in. You have to get it out fast. LOL

what don't you like about the tti? had a set and loved them. went 340 manifolds on the latest car and will not be doing that again. pain in the ***. the tti were much easier in my opinion.

what don't you like about the tti? had a set and loved them. went 340 manifolds on the latest car and will not be doing that again. pain in the ***. the tti were much easier in my opinion.
Can only guess it was the price he wasn’t impressed with?? In most cases one gets what they paid for. Want a good pair of headers? TTI is usually at the top of most people’s wish lists based on performance, looks, fitment and quality. They are not a low priced item though.

Can only guess it was the price he wasn’t impressed with?? In most cases one gets what they paid for. Want a good pair of headers? TTI is usually at the top of most people’s wish lists based on performance, looks, fitment and quality. They are not a low priced item though.
I don't know the application here but Dougs are supposed to be good and more reasonably priced.

I don't know the application here but Dougs are supposed to be good and more reasonably priced.

they are cheaper. still pricey though.

I'd go tti only because our dart has full tti exhaust to from the manifolds back. be an easier route for me.

i got lucky and found a really nice pair a Carlisle the other year. I liked the price, the quaility but the fitment mmm For what they cost i think they should fit better Thats just me

-
Back