Status
Not open for further replies.

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
Selling my Holley Strip Dominator that I had set aside for use on my stroker. I'm only selling it because I am now using W2 heads, and this intake is for std style ports.

This intake is in great shape, all the threads are good, and its never been modified or gasket matched.

It has the 340/360 size ports, but it will work on any 1967-1991 (or 1992? I can't remember) 273-318-340-360, or any of the stroker sizes. One of the best single plane intakes for a small block!

Since it is in such nice shape, and really hard (for me anyway) to in un-molested shape such as this one, I am asking $180 plus shipping.

The last pic shows it with a carb, that carb is for sale seperately and isn't included with the intake.

Its in Eastern Ohio, 44413. Send me a pm!

Attachments

• IMG_20131112_125918.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_20131110_205338.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_20131110_205411.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_20131110_205308.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_20131110_205431.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_20131112_125834.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 617
Bump for ya. I run this same intake with a Holley 600cfm DP on my 340 and it runs awesome! This should sell quick at that price. I couldn't find these for sale anywhere when I looked.

-Mike

Bump for ya. I run this same intake with a Holley 600cfm DP on my 340 and it runs awesome! This should sell quick at that price. I couldn't find these for sale anywhere when I looked.

-Mike

Thanks Mike! I looked for a looong time before I found this one. I had one on my old 360 for a while, it worked great even with low compression and a smallish cam. I thought it would be a perfect match for my stroker!

Yrs ago when I ran smblk stuff had a d-50 with a 9.2 comp j-headed[360 heads 1.88/1,60 valves] 318 with a edelbrock 488-491 hyd cam and this intake with a 750 holley and a-body headers cut up and re-welded to fit the trk with a 3.21 gear,904 with a 2800 vert 10''slicks couldnt get it to hook spun all the way down the track still sqeezed a 13.28 was a freaking blast to drive...guy bought it changed rear end and gears got low to mid 12's last I heard...ran this same intake on other stuff always worked good so I like em about as well as the beloved LD340 intake..gettin pretty squarce here..so bumpidy bump

Same intake I have on my 10.7:1 solid roller 340 in the pink duster. 3:91s and a 3800 stall she hooks and goes. Awesome hard to find intake. I looked for a long time before finding mine. GLWS

Yrs ago when I ran smblk stuff had a d-50 with a 9.2 comp j-headed[360 heads 1.88/1,60 valves] 318 with a edelbrock 488-491 hyd cam and this intake with a 750 holley and a-body headers cut up and re-welded to fit the trk with a 3.21 gear,904 with a 2800 vert 10''slicks couldnt get it to hook spun all the way down the track still sqeezed a 13.28 was a freaking blast to drive...guy bought it changed rear end and gears got low to mid 12's last I heard...ran this same intake on other stuff always worked good so I like em about as well as the beloved LD340 intake..gettin pretty squarce here..so bumpidy bump

That sounds alot like my 360, except I only had about 8.5:1 or so. I actually swapped out an LD340 for the Strip Dominator, and down low it was about the same, but man did it pull nice from about 4K-6K rpm! I really only use those 2 intakes, they both work so good. That will probably change, they are getting hard to find in good shape.

Same intake I have on my 10.7:1 solid roller 340 in the pink duster. 3:91s and a 3800 stall she hooks and goes. Awesome hard to find intake. I looked for a long time before finding mine. GLWS

I'll bet that thing runs good! Thanks for the bump. Either of you want a spare? lol

That sounds alot like my 360, except I only had about 8.5:1 or so. I actually swapped out an LD340 for the Strip Dominator, and down low it was about the same, but man did it pull nice from about 4K-6K rpm! I really only use those 2 intakes, they both work so good. That will probably change, they are getting hard to find in good shape.

I'll bet that thing runs good! Thanks for the bump. Either of you want a spare? lol
I dont always run smallblks but when I do its a SD or LD340....STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS...LMAO...BUMPERDEE BURP BUMP...

I dont always run smallblks but when I do its a SD or LD340....STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS...LMAO...BUMPERDEE BURP BUMP...

LOL, good one! Now for some serious commentary ......

Excellent intake from a excellent guy!

This intake works GREAT as a street, street strip intake. Should you look up any history of this manifold, it is a 10 second capable intake. It was so nice, MoPar created there own version.

Opinion on this intake is high. I have used this with a TQ for an ACE street strip ride.

Thanks Rob! :grin:

I didn't even think of a TQ on this intake. Hmm...I have been considering TQs fora possible 360 down the road. Is it hard to get one tuned to match the rpm range of this intake, the bigger cam (with usually less vacuum), etc? I have never messed with a TQ, or any spreadbore carb for that matter.

nice intake here is what it looks like painted if you like. GLWS

Attachments

• party 044 (640x480).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 346
  • party 046 (640x480).jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 357
TQ's are a pain until you get them right and that is if you get a good one that doesn't leak from a throttle shaft and etc..... Kind of crap.

After that, it tunes like any other carb. Tuning parts are hard to get. You may want to pick up a few junk and check cores for rods, jets and the little pump shot nozzles for a possible drill out for more fuel.

Get used to (wanna be car guys) guys pointing to the carb and saying things lie, "WTF is that thing?!?!?!

Click this---> http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...04_rebuilding_a_carter_thermoquad_carburetor/

nice intake here is what it looks like painted if you like. GLWS
Very very nice and a job well done,glad to see I aint the only one with a painted crossover hose,just looks better,now I have the sudden urge for some orange juice...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back