SB Pro Comp Aluminum Heads...For Sale on Ebay..

-
the bare price seems fair to me, and i bet i can get big numbers out of them too.

Once a few more places get them in stock...the bare price might come down some more....

and more then likely just like a eddy head...they probably use sb chevy valves..which can be had for a good price..

This is from Ford stuff, but check out what the Chinese stuff gets you....

FlooTek50heads005Medium.jpg

FlooTek50heads004Medium.jpg

What needs to happen is that Engine Quest starts making their "Iron Ram" heads in aluminum....

I wouldn't buy any head that uses Stud Mount Rockers, Don't care what brand. The LA shaft mount is superior to that design in my opinion.

the bare price seems fair to me, and i bet i can get big numbers out of them too.

Jerry likes them. He says they are not cast in China, but Australia. He also likes the castings. He says they all have to be cleaned up some for his taste. Since he ports haeds for a livin he oughtta know.

I wouldn't buy any head that uses Stud Mount Rockers, Don't care what brand. The LA shaft mount is superior to that design in my opinion.

No doubt!

Where do they get these heads? China? They look just like Edelbrocks.

This is from Ford stuff, but check out what the Chinese stuff gets you....

FlooTek50heads005Medium.jpg

FlooTek50heads004Medium.jpg

What needs to happen is that Engine Quest starts making their "Iron Ram" heads in aluminum....

looks better than most oe heads i have worked on... and i work on alot.

Why doesnt mopar use it anymore? jw srs

Probably because people wanted something different and to boost sales I would figure. Ask anyone who is serious about Power & Valve Train Stability and they will vote for Shaft Mounted Rockers everytime.

Those ford castings look a lot better than the Eddys I had before porting.

You don't have to use studs to mount the rockers on EQ heads. I used Harland Sharp pedestal mounts. They also tie each rocker arm together so they won't rotate. Is it better than a shaft mount. I highly doubt it, but it's a lot stronger than studs.

Attachments

• DSC02066-1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 684
  • DSC02067-2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 690
  • DSC02068-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 701
I forgot about those Tracy. I think Hughes makes them also. So that set up has 4 separate shafts instead of 1. I guess you would not need to use guide plates when using them?

A major falling out on these ProComp heads is NO HELICOILS in the threads, just like their Victor rip offs. I would not trust the rocker shaft hold downs being threaded right into the aluminum. So you would have to add the cost of drilling out all the holes and installing heicoils into them. Now your looking at the same or more money than a set of Eddies.

IDK, cheap is cheap sometimes my 2 cents

The hughes rockers are better than the HS IMO. They only come in the 5/16 bolts so they do not bolt onto a Eddy RPM head, but we have ways around that!

Attachments

• Hughes Mag shaft rockers.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 638
A major falling out on these ProComp heads is NO HELICOILS in the threads, just like their Victor rip offs. I would not trust the rocker shaft hold downs being threaded right into the aluminum. So you would have to add the cost of drilling out all the holes and installing heicoils into them. Now your looking at the same or more money than a set of Eddies.

IDK, cheap is cheap sometimes my 2 cents

What?

Are there no Helicoils for the intake and exhaust bolt also?

Then the only value I see to these heads is you can buy them bare and build them to your or your machinist custom liking. But you will have the added cost of Helicoiling them.

run a tap to clear'em out and then use studs on the rocker shafts.

Helicoiling is easy, it can be done at home...or if u have to...the machine shop could pullit off for about a 100 or less.....though inserts on the exhaust flange would be the sheet.

run a tap to clear'em out and then use studs on the rocker shafts.

Helicoiling is easy, it can be done at home...or if u have to...the machine shop could pullit off for about a 100 or less.....though inserts on the exhaust flange would be the sheet.

No kiddin. A chimp could heli coil aluminum.

But, its added cost, added time and for the average Chimp, its one more thing they could screw up. Studs right into aluminum still pull the threads out. Not saying its "going" to happen, but the chances are much higher.

But, its added cost, added time and for the average Chimp, its one more thing they could screw up. Studs right into aluminum still pull the threads out. Not saying its "going" to happen, but the chances are much higher.

Can't argue there.

-
Back