SB roller rockers

-

rod7515

Reaction score
I am looking for a Decent set of roller rockers for my 408 build. I've run into so many extra expenses so far so I would like to not buy top dollar rockers. With my luck I probably won't have a choice! I was looking at the mancini rockers and shafts. I always thought their stuff was good quality. Has anyone used their roller rockers and how did they work out. Is the quality one that will last on a street/ strip car. Probably only race 2-3 times a year.
Thanks Rodney

I think there are a couple folks using them, and I wanna say they're Harland Sharp with a Mancini name tag.

Look for a good used set of quality rockers if you are OK with used. They come up from time to time here and on other sites. The stock 273 rockers are a good option and strong. They can tide you over until you have more cash flow.

I know you need to keep price down but keep in mind a lot of the cheap rockers are cheap for a reason. Lousy geometry. Lousy metallurgy. Lousy adjusters that strip real easy. Just plain junk in general. One snaps at 5000 rpm and the pushrod and lifter comes out and you got instant ZERO oil pressure at 5000 rpm. Is that what you really want to put in your new stroker?

I sure do like my Comp roller rockers for 129 bucks. Oh wait that was for my 5.0 Ford motor.

heres where I am at. 6 months ago I started collecting parts for a minor engine build to drop into a 66 Dart I had just bought and just wanted to make it a nice car. Well as we all have done I kept adding things and the next thing I know I was into more then I had planned on. Anyway just before Christmas I bought a cheap set of roller rockers (PRW) from someone here on FABO. Of course they werent as advertised so I dont want to risk using them. I wouldnt mind finding a nice set of used ones but Im finding that to be difficult. I need to use 1.5 and most seem to be the 1.6.
Anyway I have decided to get a new set but was just wondering about the Mancini rockers. They are about $200 less then Cranes or Harlands. Still would like to hear from someone that is using them or someone who can confirm they are made by Harland Sharp. If so I will buy a set and if not I guess Im still looking! Thanks so far for everyones input.
Rodney

I'm using Hughes roller rockers not sure of prices of competitors but these have done me pretty good on my 410. Running a solid cam as well were priced ok around 450 for the 1.6 when I bought em

How about Hughes ?
They are good and reasonable !!
Or comp cam pro mags they are nice.
I have the older comp cam magnums on my 340 they work great .
Best of luck !!!

I know you need to keep price down but keep in mind a lot of the cheap rockers are cheap for a reason. Lousy geometry. Lousy metallurgy. Lousy adjusters that strip real easy. Just plain junk in general. One snaps at 5000 rpm and the pushrod and lifter comes out and you got instant ZERO oil pressure at 5000 rpm. Is that what you really want to put in your new stroker?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

For the Magnum engine, I like those paired shaft mount rockers from Hughes. They are total badassary.

They are about $200 less then Cranes or Harlands. Still would like to hear from someone that is using them or someone who can confirm they are made by Harland Sharp. If so I will buy a set and if not I guess Im still looking! Thanks so far for everyones input.
Rodney

Hey Rodney, have you checked http://www.racingjunk.com/?

I bought a set of Crane Golds for 150 bucks in perfect condition right here on FABO shafts and all. Problem is you have to be sitting right there when they are posted or they will be long gooone in a flash.

Bad Sport, Ive tried looking at the racingjunk and have never had any luck finding anything. Not sure I understand how it works, and I cant be on there waiting but I will keep checking in there the rest of this weekend.
Still hoping to hear from someone that might be using the Mancini roller rockers. I will be calling them on Monday to see who makes their rockers.
Again thanks for everyones replies so far.
Rod

Just an update, I called Mancini yesterday to verify the makers of their roller rockers. They are manufactured for them by Harland Sharp. I ordered a set for $479 plus what ever the shipping is. Hoping this is the last big ticket item.
Thanks for all the replies.
Rod

-
Back