sb valve covers

-

rm69dart

Reaction score
hey guys,

this may be a dum question. i am replacing my sb valve covers with the mopar performences valve covers and the air cleaner black wrinkel so what do i do with the pcv.

Yeah, you'll want to use the PCV still. Those covers should have a knock out on each end, use one on one side for your breather cap and one on the other side of the engine for PCV.

You can put a twist in breather on each side (don't forget to use the baffles) and get rid of the pcv valve....and obviously plug the carb vacuum port so you don't have a vacuum leak. Autozone has the breathers for about 5 bucks each....that's what I run on my car.

So you run two breathers with no pcv?
can you do that?

You can put a twist in breather on each side (don't forget to use the baffles) and get rid of the pcv valve....and obviously plug the carb vacuum port so you don't have a vacuum leak. Autozone has the breathers for about 5 bucks each....that's what I run on my car.

Mopar has everything you need.
They have a twist in breather for the drivers side, standard oil cap for the passenger side, and rubber plugs that allow to use the stock pcv.
You paid alot for the covers spend the extra 25 bucks and do it right.
Summit has the parts.

Yeah sure, if you don't mind oil leaks!
You need to have a way to draw the crankcase gases out of the engine. If you don't you'll be posting on here about chronic oil leaks like all the other guys running just breathers do.

You'll probably also need to buy or fab up at least one baffle for the inside of the valve cover(s). A drill press with a hole saw is the easiest way to do the knock outs.

Yeah sure, if you don't mind oil leaks!
You need to have a way to draw the crankcase gases out of the engine. If you don't you'll be posting on here about chronic oil leaks like all the other guys running just breathers do.

Funny, because my car doesn't leak...and my car is about 75% race, 25% street....maybe I'm lucky....maybe I know how to put on a gasket....maybe some people don't know what they are talking about.....mmm, many things to ponder.

Funny, because my car doesn't leak...and my car is about 75% race, 25% street....maybe I'm lucky....maybe I know how to put on a gasket....maybe some people don't know what they are talking about.....mmm, many things to ponder.

Your car is primarily a race car.

having 2 breathers probably wont cause oil leaks. it's when you have a plugged pcv valve that it will spit oil out the single breather

but having a working pcv has a benefit... it pulls the vapors out one side, & a little fresh air goes into the breather down into the crankcase ... this sucks out a bit of the moisture

here is a very technical writeup if you are interested

http://www.burtonpower.com/tuning-guides/tuning-guide-pages/engine-breather-system.html

race car and street car
not the same thing, not the same issues,
what works well for one may not work for the other

-
Back