Sbp Disc Brakes..what Do You Know?

-

sgd128

Reaction score
ON The dart I JUST PICKED UP IT has SBP disc on it...the car has NOT seen the road sense 1982..lookslike four piston...can it be???

Yep 4-piston Kelsey-Hayes,be prepared the calipers and rotors are a little on the expensive side.

Yes, 1965 was the first year they were available. First as a dealer installed option and later from the factory. Some parts are readily available because the calipers are nearly identical to the 65-67 Mustang calipers.

Yes. I have seen one window sticker from a 65 Formula S that had the discs listed.

If you want ifo. on the availability and cost of replacement brake parts, visit the brakes/suspension forums.

The calipers are available, not too expensive, and the rotors are a bit more rare, but you can find these online, including e-bay.

Please keep in mind that when you search for rotors that you search for all A-body Mopars from 1965 - 72 if you do not find these for your specific year.

I posted summary info. on the prices and availability a while back, so visit that forum for info.

-
Back