sbp drum?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
so im looking into buying an 8 3/4 housing for my 70 dart. from what i understand is simply the housing and nothing more. i have been told that the best drum to get a hold of would be a c-body because they had 11x2.5 drums. i want to keep my sbp on my car, and another mmeber has offered to give me sbp axles.

ive found that doctordiff sells drum brake kits...for lbp only. and i assume c-bodies were lbp as well. so where do i go to get all the drum brake hardware for sbp? what do i need? i know theres been speculation on something about the e-brake levers, but i just want to be able to get everything at once, since my knowledge is limited.

also, would it be easier to just get discs in the rear(considering my situation)? what would i need to get for discs?

thanks,
Ryan

I will be pulling a set of sbp 10 1 3/4 complete setup off a rearend soon. Both sides are absolutely complete including ebrake cables except for the bar that goes between the brake shoes near the top below the wheel cylinder is missing on one side. Actually its not missing I need it for the setup that is going back under the car. If im not mistaken any 10 inch rear drum setup has the same bar. If im wrong somebody here correct me. Im sure it would be easier to find the missing bar than have to scrounge everything up piecemeal (im not sure what the name of the bar is). If your interested send me a pm.

-
Back