Sbp to bbp

-
Update, I finally got an email from Cass at Dr. Diff, and I was helped out with what I’d need, and I ended up purchasing the 11.75” stage 2 brake kit with slotted rotors. Kit Comes out to just under 1200$ With shipping.
I did notice that they have a cobra brake style kit after I had already purchased the kit. Kind of a bummer because I’d lie that kit but oh well. Cass was really helpful being that I must have asked a thousand questions lol.

7A518ED1-636F-4422-974F-7D7513C729DD.jpeg

Update, I finally got an email from Cass at Dr. Diff, and I was helped out with what I’d need, and I ended up purchasing the 11.75” stage 2 brake kit with slotted rotors. Kit Comes out to just under 1200$ With shipping.
I did notice that they have a cobra brake style kit after I had already purchased the kit. Kind of a bummer because I’d lie that kit but oh well. Cass was really helpful being that I must have asked a thousand questions lol.

Cass is the man!

I have the cobra style brake kit on my Duster. The 13" rotors in that kit do require at least a 17" rim though, the 11.75" kit uses factory rotors and can be used with 15" rims. And everything for the 11.75" kit is Mopar off of the later cars, so, you can get everything off the shelf at the local parts store. With the 13" cobra style kit the hubs and caliper brackets are custom. The rotors are from Corvette (C4), so those can be bought off the shelf, but 5x4.5" bolt pattern has to be added. So the 11.75" kit is easier to buy replacement parts for.

Cass is the man!

I have the cobra style brake kit on my Duster. The 13" rotors in that kit do require at least a 17" rim though, the 11.75" kit uses factory rotors and can be used with 15" rims. And everything for the 11.75" kit is Mopar off of the later cars, so, you can get everything off the shelf at the local parts store. With the 13" cobra style kit the hubs and caliper brackets are custom. The rotors are from Corvette (C4), so those can be bought off the shelf, but 5x4.5" bolt pattern has to be added. So the 11.75" kit is easier to buy replacement parts for.

I will be using 17” wheels, and since you have it, I was thinking the cobra kit came with actual cobra rotors? I was thinking since I have warranty on my mustang with the brakes and all It would be cool since I have all of hat warrantied whenever I need rotors or pads. Would be cool if it was exactly cobra Rotors. He recommended I choose the 11.75” since I was gonna run 17” wheels.

Very helpful that’s for sure

I will be using 17” wheels, and since you have it, I was thinking the cobra kit came with actual cobra rotors? I was thinking since I have warranty on my mustang with the brakes and all It would be cool since I have all of hat warrantied whenever I need rotors or pads. Would be cool if it was exactly cobra Rotors. He recommended I choose the 11.75” since I was gonna run 17” wheels.

Very helpful that’s for sure

Yeah no, the 13" Cobra style kit uses an aluminum hub and Corvette C4 rotors that are drilled for 5x4.5". The calipers are the PBR or Mustang Cobra style, which is where the name of the kit comes from. So the pads used are mustang cobra, but that's it.

With the 13" cobra style kit the minimum rim diameter is 17", but it's pretty tight. There are probably some styles/designs of 17" rims that might not work with the 13" Cobra style kit.

-
Back