sbp wheels

-

amzchad

Reaction score
Well turns out my dart has the small bolt pattern i have two options here

It already has the 340 four piston disc brakes on it. but its the small bolt pattern can i keep the brakes and get the big bolt pattern? by changing the rotor? get new axles for the rear for the bbp

or spend the money and get some sbp wheels. i dont want rallys or slotted mags i would like to do a 17 or 18 inch wheel i love the mustang wheels but how do i get these in sbp and how much would it be?

I have never seen a set of 17 or bigger in the sbp. They don't make many wheels at all in that patern. If you want a better selection to choose from you need the bbp. You should be able to change over the roters with a set with some bbp studs in them. or may be able to have a machen shop just drill the ones you have to bbp and press in some new studs. Some people do the same for the rear but I don't realy recomend it. The best way to go back there is with new axles. You should be able to have a shop redrill the drums for bbp.

The Summit Racing search engine has a type of search that will show you all the 4" on 5 wheels they carry, and they carry a lot. I needed some sbp Centerline Auto Drag wheels for my Valiant and was afraid they didn't make them in sbp size any more, so I went online to that search engine and entered '4" bolt pattern' wheels and it came up with a page wherein you'd click on the bolt pattern size you needed (4" in my care) and hit enter and it took me to a listing of many, many, available 4" bolt pattern wheel in a variety of back-spacings...

You might be able to find what you want, there.

Hope this helps.

One thing to think about, when changing over to big bolt pattern wheels is: The sbp wheels register on the hub, not the lug studs. I think the center holes in the bbp wheels are larger than the holes in the sbp wheels.

That means, if you manage to get a bbp arrangement of studs, and use bbp wheels, they are goung to register on the studs, because the sbp center hub is smaller, now, than the hole in the wheel.

That may be okay, but I'm not sure about that; the accuracy of the concentricity of the wheel placement may be dependent on the proper registration on that center hub, for support. You wouldn't have that support with the big bolt pattern center hole in the wheel surrounding the small bolt pattern hub (smaller hub.)

Maybe someone who's done this could chime in and give an opinion on this; I am just playing Devil's advocate here... don't really know, but it may be worth considering.

Well thats a good point Bill. But I would think if you get a set of lug centric wheels and use the right lug nuts you would be ok.

All so, I went to semmit racing to check out the wheel selection and did not see any 5X4 wheel. Where they at? I have been looking for a set my self.

Summit gives you the option to search by bolt pattern. Coys makes a few wheels in 17 or 18 in. sizes for SBP.

I prefer the KH 4 piston set up over the later system,much prefer it actually. Now with the availibility to get cheap rotors,pads,rebuild parts, and wheels its a no brainer.I am actually installing the KH discs on my dart next week,then will be buying some coys wheels.

-
Back