Scales Wanted.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will check with brother ken, I think he has a set like they use to mix paint.
all digital.:-k:drinkers:

I had an extra one that I gave to the cub scouts to weigh pinewood derby cars. It weighed in grams which is the standard measurement for engine parts.
It is also used for gemstones weighing in carats. I think I paid around $75 for it. If interested I will see if I can get another one. I looked around my favorites list on 2 computers and I didn't save the site. I may find the invoice though. Mike

Harbor Freight and Salvage had one that went to 1Kg..digital and really priced nice. I think I'll get one next time I'm at their store

Wow! looks like a nice one. I paid way too much for mine. toolman

The Harbor Freight might not have the resolution. If it only goes to one oz. that is not enough. I use an Ohaus triple beam, its resolution is 0.1 gram. One oz. is 28.35 grams. A nickle weighs about 5 grams so 0.1g is 1/50th of a nickle. It is very predictable at 0.1g. Most electronic scales have a resolution less than + or - the lowest digit represented. The cost with extra 1Kg weight was just under $100.

It is also easy to use. Once a part is balanced, typically 0.1g slider is all that is used to measure the weight difference on other parts.

Ben checking ebay and there are several to chose from at a good price. Needs to weigh in grams and am open to all brands. Thanks guys for the comebacks. Vic and i are going to start in on the builds for the winter.

The Harbor Freight might not have the resolution. If it only goes to one oz. that is not enough.

It measures to one gram (0.0357 oz) possibly to tenths of a gram. HF has several models, I'm sure they sell one that will fit the need.
Triple beams are a pita, unless your breaking down a kilo :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back