Scam alert

-

Surprise67GT

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done any business with Dan Garcia from Texas? I recently sent him money for a set of fender, and he has taken my money and disappeared. I know that there isn't much that I can do, but I just wanted to try to prevent anyone else from falling victim to this crook.

He's been scamming people under different names. He has been banned from the site on multiple occasions.

Unfortunately you've been had.

If/when ANYONE contacts you and says their PayPal is dormant and they want a Moneygram..........RUN!

this piece of **** must make a lot of cash doing this must be near a dozzen on this site alone and how maqny more are to grossed out to say .

Yep, Mr. Garcia has been banned here and has signed up with different first names trying to sneak back in.

I'm a firm believer in PayPal. It protects both parties.

x2.

And don't fall for the "send it as a gift" thing. Send it regular and cover the selling fees (3%) to keep your protection in case you need to dispute....

like what user names do you know of?

I'm not sure of the user names, but I remember a post from Joey saying that he's banned the buy a couple of times, but he keeps trying to re-sign up under different user names and uses a different first name when dealing with members.

Has anyone ever done any business with Dan Garcia from Texas? I recently sent him money for a set of fender, and he has taken my money and disappeared. I know that there isn't much that I can do, but I just wanted to try to prevent anyone else from falling victim to this crook.

If the members name was "Mr.gArry", he's already been banned...

Let me guess. He gave you some story about his PayPal account being dormant or something.

There have been several threads about this guy in the last six months. Joey even started a thread warning members not to send money to people who respond to your wanted ads without checking them out first. Do your research on someone before you send them money, especially when they want you to wire them money. If it sounds fishy, there's probably a reason.

I need a part so I'm gonna do a little fishin' by posting a wanted ad. I hope he responds.

Someone needs to post his "alias'" AND all his contact info. This will be a useless thread without any info other than "Dan Garcia" from Texas....that narrows it down. Should only be 3 or 4 Garcia's in all of Texas........

Someone needs to post his "alias'" AND all his contact info. This will be a useless thread without any info other than "Dan Garcia" from Texas....that narrows it down. Should only be 3 or 4 Garcia's in all of Texas........

One could post till blue in the face.

The key here is his MO, he always says his PayPal account is dormant and to send money via Moneygram.

Huge red flag.

x2.

And don't fall for the "send it as a gift" thing. Send it regular and cover the selling fees (3%) to keep your protection in case you need to dispute....

Didn't know about the loss of protection when as a gift is used. Thanks for the info.

There was another thread on here about it.. I looked on google earth with the given address and .. I did look up his name and got his phone number

Attachments

• image-1092313120.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 272
  • image-1643773207.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 269
  • image-1398351274.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 263
  • image-786033951.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 275
  • image-1220234283.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 277
  • image-3020832616.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 262
  • image-3879300410.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 264
Sorry this happened to you! If it was PayPal you could get the money back, but it sounds like it wasn't.

If I had a few things I could prob get most of his info.

That totally blows! I hope this doesn't discourage you from soldiering on and finding what you need. This is a great site with plenty of honest people selling parts. I've been fortunate with USPS money orders before, but use PayPal exclusively as of late. Senor Garcia deserves a swift kick in the balls.

That sucks dried up dead cockroach balls. But I cannot understand why people don't use Paypal. That's the only way I will go......OR a personal check. Wait for it to clear and send parts. Done it several times with members here and it worked great every time. Paypal of course speaks for itself.

That sucks dried up dead cockroach balls. But I cannot understand why people don't use Paypal. That's the only way I will go......OR a personal check. Wait for it to clear and send parts. Done it several times with members here and it worked great every time. Paypal of course speaks for itself.

I agree, but this Garcia dude always bypasses the PP thing by saying his account is dormant, whatever that means, instead he asks for a Moneygram.
He also always takes his communications to Email instead of PMing.

Both are red flags.

I feel sorry for you! That is a shame to steal money from people.

I've been contacted by him for some of the wanted ads I had and he always wanted to continue the discussion outside FABO. So BIG warning to everyone here.

I agree, but this Garcia dude always bypasses the PP thing by saying his account is dormant, whatever that means, instead he asks for a Moneygram.
He also always takes his communications to Email instead of PMing.

Both are red flags.

Then.....and no offense, people need to stop bein DUMBASSES and move on. There are plenty of people out there who are honest and DO accept Paypal. Don't get caught up thinking this one person is the only one who has what you want.

There's another scammer named Chance Copp in Chillicote Ohio, took me for $86.50 last Feb. He continually changes alias on a bodies and craigslist , last alias was 74 dust, been banned but I bet he's on here with a new alias.

There's another scammer named Chance Copp in Chillicote Ohio, took me for $86.50 last Feb. He continually changes alias on a bodies and craigslist , last alias was 74 dust, been banned but I bet he's on here with a new alias.

there is a thread on here about him already .

I thought when there is a ban the person is banned through there ip account so it's harder to resign. Maybe I'm wrong?

I thought when there is a ban the person is banned through there ip account so it's harder to resign. Maybe I'm wrong?

That's correct, but if they move around, or maybe they are working in groups, who knows. One IP gets banned and someone from another area creates another account.

It's a pain.

-
Back