Scanner or interface system

-

deman360

Reaction score
Are there any of you that repair vehicles on a regular basis that work on newer vehicles. I ask this because I want o purchase a scanner to work on OBDII systems I am a professional auto tech. I work out of a shop that has a genysis and a Modis we are not allowed to take them out of the shop and not allowed to bring other than company vehicles in the shop. what I was wondering is there any of you using the interface systems that are PC based.
I see lots of them on Ebay and Amazon if you are using them which one and how good is it. Does it just give data, clear codes, acuate different systems Evap, injectors etc. is it updatable ? does it graph? would you purchase it again. Thanks

Next time I turn on my laptop I will tell what I ended up buying to check the injectors on my diesel, everyone wated $300 to hook it up & check the injectors. It is an obdII reader, but if you want to scan any non-compliant (?) vehicles, for example a diesel you need to purchase a code to unlock the it.

Thanks stroker, is there anyone else using this type of scanner or interface to pc?

Thanks stroker, is there anyone else using this type of scanner or interface to pc?

Just so you know..that one does not interface. Sorry I wasn't clear on that. I know it's a cheap piece of chinkese crap...but it works pretty damn good for me. We have the Modis at our shop as well.

This is the one I mentioned. I am going to have to find the cd and the key for it, just noticed that the laptop it is installed on has a gigantic crack on the lid.....I can say one thing for it, the customer service is great. Few times that I did not understand something just gave them a call.

I have an old Snap-On brick that goes to 99 with cartridges and bought the Solus Pro a few years ago when they had the special of 2 grand for the brick owners. I will say I am very happy with the Solus Pro.

I got one of them cheap bastids off Ebay and I gotta say so far, I am impressed for what it is. Doesn't really read live data, but it's close. This is it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-CAN-U..._Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item256be1bce5

does the one in the link handle codes and tell you the read out or does it come with a book of what the codes mean? I have seen many like this. I love the genysis but can't justify spending $2600 at the moment on a scan tool, I would like to start a business since but don't know if I ever will

-
Back