Scared to pull the trigger on weatherstripping

-
Reaction score
I've searched as well as posted the question before and can't seem to get any answers. I have a 65 Barracuda body that I need all the weather stripping for from cat whiskers to the colored windlace. I'm guessing that any of you who have done a restoration on these cars had to replace the same. There seems to be so many choices out there as to where to purchase.

My problem is I seem to get screwed making purchases like this, so I hope to use your successful experience to help me.

If you need more info let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

If I were you, I would also try Jeff Deutchmann at Deutchmann Automotive out of Bowling Green, Oh. He has a full line of soft items for all A body cars, but he personally has 65 Barracudas, so he knows the various components on those cars up and down. You can find his ad in the Mopar Collectors Guide, or I can dig it up if you want it. I've gotten a lot of stuff from Jeff over the years, he's a really nice guy to deal with!! Geof

If I were you, I would also try Jeff Deutchmann at Deutchmann Automotive out of Bowling Green, Oh. He has a full line of soft items for all A body cars, but he personally has 65 Barracudas, so he knows the various components on those cars up and down. You can find his ad in the Mopar Collectors Guide, or I can dig it up if you want it. I've gotten a lot of stuff from Jeff over the years, he's a really nice guy to deal with!! Geof

Geof,
if you would dig it up I'd appreciate it. I googled and tried the yellow pages to no avail.

Thanks,
Dave

Appreciate the feedback.
I do know about Year one as well as Layson's and many more sources for that matter.

What I'm looking for is the experience of some of the 15,000 members who have experienced excellent product and will recommend the same, or those who have bad experiences with product and can steer me clear of the same.

Thanks,
Dave

Look to the right....

JustMopar_ForABodiesOnly_102710.gif

Man, I am SO with you on this one. I have a 66 valiant (4 DOOR). Years ago, I bought Windlace from Laysons, put it on, and the doors wouldn't close properly. I shimmed them out, and never did get it right, I heard lots of other complaints back then about the bulb being too big on the windlace, and everybody was having a similar problem that had bought it.

They all may have started making different material now though, I don't know. I desperately need some windlace for my car, though, and haven't been able to get a straight story from anybody that actually bought some, installed it, and had it fit right.

The doors will be hard to close for a few weeks, yes. You'll really have to slam them until the new weatherstripping takes a set. Same goes for when you replace the trunk lid seal.

The doors will be hard to close for a few weeks, yes. You'll really have to slam them until the new weatherstripping takes a set. Same goes for when you replace the trunk lid seal.

Alright, I suppose I really don't have a choice... I've done the Trunk seal a while back, your'e right I had to slam it for a while. I'll order some of this windlace and report back how it goes.

Ron

Dan I did just what you suggested, this is different stuff than the stuff I used years ago. I just put this Metro rubber stuff on and it is much much nicer than the other stuff that I believe I bought from Laysons years back.

The doors took a little slamming but it looks great. I'll update later and let everybody know if it gets better with time!

Oh, and Thanks for the info!

-
Back