Scat crankshaft

-
You won't have a spec for that. It will either break due to lower end, or stop revving due to top end, but as far as exact specs... There aren't any. I know some that make over 600hp on the bottle, and are shifted at 6500.
What cam and heads are on it?

I've heard over 7,000 rpm on this site , depending on how things are balanced and assembled . Not done right it can blow up at 6000

I've heard over 7,000 rpm on this site , depending on how things are balanced and assembled . Not done right it can blow up at 6000
Jerry's absolutely right. Proper balancing and machine work should make it last a good long time at 6,500, assuming this is a street strip car at a reasonable hp level.

Run some main studs and get it line honed.

You wanna rev to 6500? Better have some serious heads on there if you plan to make any power up that high with a 4" crank.

According to that article a stock 360 crank is good to 6250 or so... sure am glad the ones we turned 7K+ stayed together.

There's no set rule for any of this, nor a formula to arrive at where a crank will self destruct.

SCAT I beams and Mahle pistons and your safe to go to 7000. Ive done them to 7500. Keep the weight down, and use a good balance and damper, HP bearings(no P bearings for high rpm), coatings help too. SCAT 9000 cranks are the best crank out there for the money, way better than the junk Eagle passes off in cast cranks.

Thanks great input. My plans are 3.58, W2s. using what I have with the set ups im running now.

Thanks great input. My plans are 3.58, W2s. using what I have with the set ups im running now.

just use a stock mopar 360 crank...unless you are putting a 3.58 stroke in a 340 block

-
Back