School me on 340 exhaust manifolds

-
i will admit that i will never fully understand the resto crowd,but as i see it,if the manifolds are not the ones that came on the car in the first place they are not the originals anyway and in that case you might aswell get the reproduction ones since you will never find the ones that came on the car anyway.
just my point of view.

I agree with you. When the date codes and numbers matter is in a judged car show. If you

are trying to win a trophy with the car, the date codes and part numbers come very much

into play. it is the difference between winning the trophy and not when two equally nice

cars are being judged side by side, the judges may pass on the car with the

"Repro" part on it. Also, the Barrett-Jackson types, the ones who want to buy a car that will win a car show trophy.

I have seen some incorrect crap pass over Barrett- Jackson though, usually when the economy is down, the crap will be there.

Do do June-July 1969 Manifolds flow better than May or August?

Barrett-jackson called?

Hope you don't plan on running them, if you drive your car and not just wipe it with a diaper; that's an item I'd keep in a box on the shelf, they are fragile. Along with that numbers matching block and trans.

Man, that has got to be stressful every time you drive it being obsessed about representing Mopar to such a caliber without compensation. I know they sure don't care.

Hope you find your unicorn and more importantly, I hope it bring joy to your house!

Random.

Why are people so opinionated and against this decision?!?!.

any pics of the said car? is it the car in your avatar? as long as the date code and part# match that's as good as it gets nobody could tell unless you let them know they were replaced!

Lots of pics of the car under build thread. Is a survivor, not the car in avatar but same color.

Random.

Why are people so opinionated and against this decision?!?!.
It takes all kinds,some just want to hot rod whatever they have.I don't know if they just want everyone to be just like them or maybe they just need to vent.I think it's great to have all kinds-with the possible exception of whiners.

I know I can be quite opinionated. I'm sure some people can agree with me if they have seen some comments I have posted throughout the site.

However...most of my opinions pertain to the OP questions.

Had I been asking "IF I should buy original numbers correct manifolds for my car". Then some of these opinions would be valid and should be considered.

That is not what I asked. I asked to be taught about 340 manifolds and how to identify them. Therefor. The fact that one might not understand me as to why I would bother, and make comments like "good luck with that unicorn that only Barrett Jackson will care about."

These comments are as Not relevant to this thread. It would be the same thing in the for sale add and your comments saying it's too expensive arnt welcome as stated in the rules.

Am I asking too much?

Sorry man, didn't mean to offend you. I mean't it when I said I hope you find what your looking for.

Not that offended. Like I said I can be very opinionated and can express my thoughts easily. I try and take a min before I make a comment on someone's post and make sure "my opinion" is relevant to what they are asking.

For instance...

I like plumb crazy paint.

If someone had a post asking what colour they should paint their car, I would say "plumb crazy!"

But if they asked what colour red they should paint their car...I shouldn't really need to comment.

Not a perfect example. Point is, I was asking for info about exhaust manifolds. Not what peoples thoughts were on if I should go this route or should I bother. Or would you see a point of doing this???what would you do???

I'm not mad. But don't think those comments are relevant to my questions that's all.

I appreciate everyone that has helped me so far.

After all this, I may have to go headers for now until the Canadian dollar gets higher or I find a better deal.

Thanks guys!

PS. Some people asked about this car...here it is.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=265316

Find the manifolds you like, nobody can tell you they didn't come on the car without knowing the history if the date coding is correct.

Build it the way YOU want it to be and enjoy it. Nice twist yellow 4 gear car, I like mine too. :)

Find the manifolds you like, nobody can tell you they didn't come on the car without knowing the history if the date coding is correct.

Build it the way YOU want it to be and enjoy it. Nice twist yellow 4 gear car, I like mine too. :)

That's the plan and I 100% agree. Thanks!

"After all this, I may have to go headers for now until the Canadian dollar gets higher or I find a better deal."

An easier option (in terms of labor) would be a non-date correct driver quality set. Then when you get the ones you really want, its a relatively easy swap and the exhaust needs no further mods. With a little patience and finese I can get the manifolds in and out without removing or loosening anything else. Manual brakes, manual steering in my car, so I can't be sure this will be true on a p/b car, but something to think about.

"After all this, I may have to go headers for now until the Canadian dollar gets higher or I find a better deal."

An easier option (in terms of labor) would be a non-date correct driver quality set. Then when you get the ones you really want, its a relatively easy swap and the exhaust needs no further mods. With a little patience and finese I can get the manifolds in and out without removing or loosening anything else. Manual brakes, manual steering in my car, so I can't be sure this will be true on a p/b car, but something to think about.

That's a smart idea!!! Those manifolds never lose value anyway so it would be easy to put some nice ones in there (wrong date) and swap them out later when you find the right ones... No harm, No foul!!!

Treblig

Never thought about that...would 360 manifolds work? Pretty sure I have a pair. Think from a cordoba though. Good idea to help get this on the rd cheap! Sitting since 1982 so will need fuel system gone through.

Never thought about that...would 360 manifolds work? Pretty sure I have a pair. Think from a cordoba though. Good idea to help get this on the rd cheap! Sitting since 1982 so will need fuel system gone through.

If you use 360 manifolds you won't be able to "just simply" swap them out later because the pipes/flanges where the exhaust hooks up is different on 360 manifolds. What "Mattax" was talking about was getting a pair (any pair) of 340 manifolds (date doesn't matter), get your car running and driving then later when you find a "correct date" manifold set you can swap them out and sell the old set. They don't really lose any value over time so you can most (or more) of your money back anyway..

Treblig

I vote get it on the road so you can enjoy it. yes collect the correct parts for it you want as you find the correct part at a reasonable price. 340 exh man will probably never loss their value. if you really want to make a car "big car show correct". , we will maybe look at for correct pos bat cable, hoses, plug wires, etc.

seems we all get into the "giving advice/opinion" lots but most probably mean well.

-
Back