Schumacher header to TTI's

-

68dodge

Reaction score
Thinking about go from Schumacher headers to TTI headers. Anyone else do this and see a big differance at the track. My last run at the track was a 11.93@ 113 MPH with some wheel spin a little past the starting line. I know TTI's will flow better, but I also like room around the motor.

Thinking about go from Schumacher headers to TTI headers. Anyone else do this and see a big differance at the track. My last run at the track was a 11.93@ 113 MPH with some wheel spin a little past the starting line. I know TTI's will flow better, but I also like room around the motor.
keep schuamaker headers.installation and room u have with tti suxs. from what i've heard

Are you wanting to sell your Schumachers. I want tti but don have the 900 to buy and ship them right now. Especially to have to ding to make work with the 383.

Are you wanting to sell your Schumachers. I want tti but don have the 900 to buy and ship them right now. Especially to have to ding to make work with the 383.

Not saying you won't have to, but I didn't have to put any dings on the 2"ers on my 383. Very tight though. Especially around the starter.

I have 1 3/4 tti headers on my 383 in 69 valiant fit nice. No hammer needed. Just have to heat wrap your trans cable, need to use mini starter also. If you are doing leaping launches might want to check the clearance underneath don't want to bounce them off the track. My 2 cents.

This is a question I really want to know the answer to also. I'm going with Schumachers on my 440 Duster mainly because I want to keep my power steering. My combo should run mid 11s and I'm figuring the engine should make around 525 HP. So far I have not seen any direct comparisons on a dyno but , I wish someone would do it so we can know for sure how much the Schumachers cost in power. My guess is on a motor like mine the loss will be about 30 HP, but that is just that, a guess. I'll also say this; if I ever do upgrade to the TTIs and the gain is small, I'll sell the TTIs and go back to the Schumachers.

I took out the engine in my 67 440 dart with tti's and put it in my traded engines in the 74 Duster that had Schumachers and the tti's fit better in my 74 Duster.

Both have Schumacher engine mounts.

-
Back