Schumacher Headers anyone?

-
Has anyone used the Schumacher headers? How are they? any Pics? Install?

I run the Schumacher headers on my 383 Demon and they fit really nice. Can get at the spark plugs, don't capture the starter, they can be installed with the engine in the bay and I've never had a leak (knock on wood).

Terry

Yes I ran them in my 383 Scamp, Terry is bang on with his comments, and two others, they are easy to install and those babies can't drag on the ground!

Same here. Only problem is that you probably do give up a few HP to bigger tube headers, but the convenience and ground clearance are very hard to beat. I wish they'd come out with a set with bigger tubes.

I do not have a set but would like to know where in Calgary you can find them. I do not see much info on the web. I have a 360 in a 71 Scamp and the existing headers bottom out. Looking to change that situation by next summer.

Chris

I do not have a set but would like to know where in Calgary you can find them. I do not see much info on the web. I have a 360 in a 71 Scamp and the existing headers bottom out. Looking to change that situation by next summer.

Chris

Hey Chris, the schmaucher headers are more for if you're putting a Big Block into an A body. I'd recommend talking to these people for your 360 scamp http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-Small%20Block/340ABE.htm . They're pricey but I haven't heard the guys that use them complain about bottoming out like some of the crap headers out there (been there done that). Once you get TTI price including shipping talk to Classic Performance in Calgary and see if they can swing a deal for you.

Terry

Terry

I will be posting pictures of mine Sat. or Sun. I'm dropping motor ,tranny and headers in mine Sat. Go to post under restorations called "My Project"

left6x4.jpg

right6x4.jpg

drtxpipe.jpg

I have run sb in a-bodies for years and had issues with manifolds as well as headers (all brands). But when I first installed my schumacher headers it was amazing, not only did they fit well but I put them on the motor(440 in a 76 Duster) myself in less than 30 minutes. No grief what so ever, the only thing is that you need long header bolts or use studs, the flange is thick on these headers.

Hope this helps
Jamie

They are well made and go on quite easy, I had a set on a 383 and it was a marked improvement over the factory manifolds.

Have a 71 Scamp /6. Finnishing up my 440 six pack and ready to order Schumacher mounts and headers. The car is a factory power stearing car... will I have to convert it to manual with these headers? Anyone know or have any advice? Thanks Mike

I like the Schumacher's for street cars.I got them in a 74 Duster that has run 11.59 et off the sauce.Priceof the headers $525 and coating $200.About the same as tti's.But they are easier to install than tti's.

IMGP1105.jpg

IMGP1106.jpg

IMGP1117.jpg

-
Back