Schumacher Shorty header's?

Mopar Exhaust Systems

1. EvilScamp

EvilScamp Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:12 AM
    Anybody running these on there big-block A-body?I was thinking about getting these for the Duster i'm buying.I can use some input if they are worth the money,and how well they fit. :?

2. 68GTconvert

68GTconvert Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:12 AM
    I bought a set and I haven't hooked them up yet but they are real nice. Supposed to be good to 500 HP.

3. BBLM23

BBLM23 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have them. They are great. I can get at all the plugs easily. I have studs in the heads and can get at all the nuts easily. Half my plug wires are straight and half are 90 degree, but I have not burned a wire... I run in the 11s with them on my 383. I do want to try a 1 3/4 inch full length header just as comparison, I will eventually post my results to the board. This may be a while, because I want to do it with a duplicate exhaust.
    They aren't cheap but they aren't a problem like some headers are.

4. josh

josh Member

Local Time:
    4:12 PM
    2 words describe these headers.
    exfrigginspensive
    and
    awesome.
    Fit great thickets flanges I have ever seen on a header

5. ProStreetDuster

ProStreetDuster Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I got Pro Parts semi fenderwell headers. All the tubes slip/bolt into the collector, you will have to cut some holes in your inner fenders for a couple of tubes so you may not want to do this, luckily I don't have inner fenders :wink:
    Here's Pics I found on another site
    http://www.bigblockdart.com/headers/proparts/index.shtml

6. EvilScamp

Local Time:
    Thanks guys for your input i appreciate it!I was originally gonna use fenderwell headers but i really don't want to cut the inner fenderwells that's when i started thinking of there headers.I seen there running a special on a complete conversion kit which includes the headers(coated),small to big-block mounts and the adjustable torque strap.So i'm leaning toward them for what i need.Thanks again. :D

7. HawaiiDuster

HawaiiDuster Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sounds like the EvilDuster will be arriving soon :twisted:

8. EvilScamp

Local Time:
    Yep,Saturday! :D

9. ProStreetDuster

ProStreetDuster Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Congrads on the new car.
    Man, Duster owners are popping up like crazy. :headbang:
    We're like rabbits, you start off with just two, and next thing ya know there's hundreds of them! :shock: :help: :wav: :wav: :wav:
    Fastbackcuda, you better separate us before it's too late! :twisted:
    Or you may have to change the name of this forum to ForDusterOwnersOnly :p :lol:

10. rabius75

rabius75 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    what about the valiant owners? they seem to be coming on strong too.. or maybe not. idk. maybe im just dreaming :)

11. 68fastbackpete

68fastbackpete Member

Local Time:
    hey guys.. new to the site, but before i joined i did alot of research on headers
    i have a 68 barracuda with a 440/4speed.........all the wrong things for a A body
    i bought the schumacher headers (but i had to buy them from accurate ltd they have to modifify the headers to fit the 4 speed) well they fit excellent.to install them you do need to disconnect the motor mounts but they do drop in easy,also the stock starter fits right in place(i hear the TTI headers encapsulate the starter and burn it up twice a year.....this is what i read on about 5 different sites about headers)i also had them jet hot ceramic coated and they look great....even after i broke in my new motor with them ...i diddnt know that the intense heat from the break in would disrupt the ceramic coating ... isnt that why you coat headers for heat.... everything worked out great and the people from schumacher and accurate ltd are real nice people ... always willing to help
    if anyone needs any info on headers with a 440 4 speed (in a A body)feel free to send me an e mail the only reason i say this is because i made every possible mistake there is to make ......so i guess i know not what to do ....lol
    yes the headers with the modification (from accurate ltd)and the jet hot coatings are expensive but what isnt all said and done it was about 800 bucks
    good luck to all

12. dusterdon

dusterdon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I love mine (72 duster 383 auto). They go on so easy. from the top, with the motor in place and bolted down. Starter drops out easily but you gotta take out the stud and use two bolts to mount it. The early starter and the new mini starter fit nicely, but the longer one that came out around 1974 is too long and won't work with the schu's. The fact that you have ground clearance, a decent turning radius and you don't have to cut up your inner fenderwells is worth a lot. My car came with a brand new set of hooker fenderwells and I quickly sold them. I'm sure that when you get to the low 11's you're probably giving up 3 or 4 tenths, but its still a good trade.

don

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.