scored a 73 duster out of a barn today

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
a guy told me of this car 4 months ago. i figured it was probably a rusted heap.he told me.man this car has not rust.said the body is awesome and interior is decent.i did not believe him.but i actually got a free minute from the twins so i loaded the trailer and went to take a look.it is a 73 duster,318 auto,with a/c.the car has been setting without license since 93.but the guy said he would start it every once in a awhile.he also told me it has original 37000 miles.i don't know whether to believe that or not.but the car other than the drivers seat back and dash pad is very sound car.i am going to put 73 white stripes,some fenderwell opening stainless trim,and either some 14 in centerlines or ansen sprints i have laying around.also gonna put a 273 power pak 4 bbl intake and carb on it with some dual exhaust and turbo mufflers.should be a fun driver.

DSC00936.JPG

DSC00937.JPG

DSC00938.JPG

DSC00939.JPG

DSC00940.JPG

DSC00941.JPG

DSC00942.JPG

probably paid to much since it is a 73.but i gave $2000 for it.but it has not rust that i have found.i figured it would be worth that for a clean untouched car with 0 rust.something solid to start with sometime.only down fall it is going right back into another barn.i do not need or have time for it right now.only got it because of the cirumstances.will be a great starter.when and if i ever get time to do anything with it.i already have the a 74 for car shows and a 73 i drag race.so i am not sure what to do with this one.heck i may just sell it sometime.i think if will look pretty good with the stripes,wheels and trim.i have it all.just have to make a day and install.

I paid 3000.00 for the below car with a /6, plain jane, (3 years ago) it had 42K documented miles. The seats will tell if the mileage is believeable, they look good. I think you got the bear on that one, Walt:thumbup:

And it is unmolseted. That is worth 2k to me right there.
Yep. The seats will tell the miles. Those are my favorite seats too.
Very comfortable.
Also there's a big difference in wear of rubber on the brake peddle.

ill post some more pictures.i installed 14 inch ansen sprint slots on the car.it looks like a different car.put a battery in it.cranked on it while priming with carb cleaner.it started and never died.i was shocked.car runs smooth.the old 318 sounds rather strong.no smoke!!!!brake pedal is very hard thought.but atleast it was full of fluid..next weekend i am installing side stripes and tailpanel stripes along with the wheel trim.car had a dead spot for awhile.i took it for a drive and that finally went away.everything in the carb finally socked up i guess.but it drives decent.no rattles it just will need alittle tlc with the brake issues.it stops fine.just have to push hard.and it wants to pull to the left

well i have managed to get the ansen sprints mounted on the car,a good buff job and a set of 73 duster white stripes and tailpanel stripe on so far,along with new front shocks and air shocks in the rear.my father and i put the stripes on the car this morning.they are not as difficult as i expected them to be.car still had the original shocks.it has made a large improvement of the car in looks.the 318 really runs stonger than expected.if u stop in the hwy and punch it.it will litteraly fry the right rear.really surprised me.here are some pictures after the additions:

DSC00972.JPG

DSC00970.JPG

DSC00937.JPG

DSC00938.JPG

Congratulations !! You have made a great barn find into a nice street duster.
You must be living right. keep up the good work.

Awesome score! You got a hellova deal on that puppy! great looking car, wish I could get that lucky!

Nice deal, $2000 is never a bad deal for a solid and straight a body. Here's my $2200 1 owner demon before and after!

demon.jpg

cragars6.JPG

looks good! the rear springs dont sag either. theres another low mileage indicator.

the demon looks great.we have a 71 we are stripping down to get media blasted.going to paint it the bright blue that you would see on pt cruisers.should look good.it is getting a 416 or a 424 power plant in it.

sold the duster last friday.my uncles boy is 17.wanted a duster.i got 2300 out of the car with the deal that if it is ever to be sold it comes to me for the same price plus the cost of any additions added to the car.my uncle has given me alot 8 3/4 a body rear,71 dodge demon,shark tooth grille.so i know he will be fair to me.that is why i sold it to him for so cheap.i think they will enjoy it.he already has a 340 sizzler 71 demon.

-
Back