Scored a new A Body today

-

Raleigh Rocket

Shake 'n' Bake!
Reaction score
I picked this running, driving, disk brake, slant 6 duster up today. I happened to be in the right place at the right time (which almost never happens).

So, what do you fellas think: fix it up and make it a sexy beeyotch or use the disks on my Valiant and part the rest out?

155141_130828803643004_100001476559604_192592_1332710_n.jpg

Sell it for a profit and roll the money over into a better disk set up.
Now, if I had some cash, I'd take it. HOw's the floors/rot around the car. It looks preety good.

...HOw's the floors/rot around the car. It looks preety good.

Good question. I have no idea. I saw it on a rollback a couple of days ago, offered the guy a little money (as a joke, I expected him to tell me to get bent) and he whipped out the title.

He just rolled it off the truck and drove it into my driveway about 20 minutes ago.

Give me a few minutes, I'll go check it out and snap some pictures.

From glancing at the pic it doesn't look to be in that bad of shape. If the rest of it looks good, I wouldn't part it out. Make a project out of it. Use the disc brake setup out of it for your Valiant and put a Wilwood setup on it or something else when you get Valiant done.

I wouldnt part it out either. It seems to look solid from the pictures you provided. Slap a turbo on that /6 and keep the old grandma car look with the brown.

Right at the lead line. Easy fix for you?

Good question. I have no idea. I saw it on a rollback a couple of days ago, offered the guy a little money (as a joke, I expected him to tell me to get bent) and he whipped out the title.

He just rolled it off the truck and drove it into my driveway about 20 minutes ago.

Give me a few minutes, I'll go check it out and snap some pictures.

Was probably on its way to the crusher and your offer was more than he could get for scrap. Nice save.

Was probably on its way to the crusher and your offer was more than he could get for scrap. Nice save.

You hit the nail on the head. He was going to mush it into a lego block and sell the title and vin tag to some guy at a classic car consignment/showroom place.

Great score ! Is it just me, or do all Dusters always come with a bashed drivers fender ?

I think it's the factory "speed divot" option. Either that or it got out of alignment, started pulling to the right and the PO decided it would be cheaper to change the aerodynamics of the car and put a little drag on the left side. That's called the "Alabama Air Dam"

If it will run and drive somebody should drive it.
It might get parted eventually but I wouldn't part it for the disk brakes alone yet. I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on it either.
A fender and hood will come, cheap too. Replacing the rotten miracle mud on the seams will be good practice for someone.

ill take the passenger fender, floorpan, headliner,, grille, and all trim, front and rear seats, all glass...............................shoot, ill buy the whole car if you decide to sell, and you can keep the brakes, or sell them to me too. i need a parts car for my 73 340-3 speed.lol

ill take the passenger fender, floorpan, headliner,, grille, and all trim, front and rear seats, all glass...............................shoot, ill buy the whole car if you decide to sell, and you can keep the brakes, or sell them to me too. i need a parts car for my 73 340-3 speed.lol

Hot damn, son, that's quite a list. If I decide to sell it (I'm not so sure now, these fellas got me all pumped up for a resto) I'll keep you in mind. If I take the brakes for my Valiant then the drums from that will go back on the duster so it can still be driven.

-
Back