Scored this today!

-

67yellowdartgt

Reaction score
I cant wait to put it together and drop it in the Dart in place of my current 383.......Here's what I got: A unassembled 11:1 comp 440, .030" over with torque plates, ARP main stud kit, forged crank, polished/re-sized LY rods with new Wiseco flat top forged pistons,
decked block for a .005" piston to deck height. Billet timing set, aluminum water pump housing machined for elephant ear motor mounts, 915 ported and cc corrected 72 cc
chamber heads, double valve springs to match the Engle .550"-296 dur cam/lifters, 10 deg spring retainers and locks, Crane adjustable rockers on Indy HD rocker shafts, and Indy
billet rocker shaft hold downs, Crane 3/8" od push rods, Direct Connection Race distributor with tach drive, deep Moroso oil pan and pick up, Billet timing cover and adj timing
tab, Weiand Eccelerator intake, cast aluminum valve covers, Pro Race balancer and full balancing of bottom end. Oil pump is HV and have everything to assemble the long block
except the gasket set and windage tray. All machine work is done.

If you don't mind me asking: how much did you pay. Two years ago I rolled the dice on a deal. I bought a complete 67 440 completely re-done and never ran. Had a long list of good parts, but the seller did not know who had assembled it so the price was $2500. I took it to a good race engine shop and had them tear it down and check it out. The good news was that all the problems were easily corrected. The bad news was:The rear main seal was in backwards, the pistons were in backwards, the bores were .0025 too small, the ring gaps were too wide, it had hyd, lifters on a solid cam, and because the piston valve notches were upside down, it had bent valves from the motor being rotated and the valves hitting the pistons. I paid the shop to straighten out the short block and had it zero decked and pulled the plug on fixing the 906s. That finished off my budget so I wound up with a nice short block. I'm just getting ready to get going again and I'm planning on going with INDY EZs, a small solid roller and sticking with a low intake for a flat hood. Since then I've managed to aquire two 440 and one 400 core, so with hind sight I would have passed on the deal, but like I said its a roll of the dice with stuff like this. Good luck with yours, I hope it rund good.

-
Back