-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LovetheA's

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
I’m looking for screw in valve cover studs for my 383 engine. I’m putting my engine back together and the flat head screw in valve cover studs make it nice and easy to set valve cover. They were on the car when I got it so I don’t know if these were ever OEM? They are 1/4-20 thread count and 1 1/2 inches long. I need about 6. See pic.

2530E232-63E4-4A7B-BA05-9942BF6FAA0D.jpeg

1/4 threaded rod and a dremel. cut and slot to suit. Probably $4 for the entire project.

I realize that I could just buy a threaded rod and cut a notch in the top. The problem is that I don’t have a vice set up and it would be a pain in the but to cut without one. I’d rather just buy a bunch used off of another member if they know where to find them.

Check the local hardware store in those "parts: boxes, got mine there like .25 each

383Scampmen
Do you have the screw in studs that are approx 1 1/2 inches long? Those are what I’m looking for. I can easily buy standard 1/4-20 inch and a half long studs but I’m looking for the type pictured with the flat head cut in the top. I would buy a bunch from you. I don’t really need the nuts or washers. I’ll count exactly how many I’ll need.
Carl

Chevy small block, look at Summit, they are the same thread size as a mopar.

Yup , 1/4-20 x1 1/2" with slot on top . The reason I suggest nylok is because they don't vibrate loose . I have enough to do a BB with extras if you want . You need 12 . Later, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back