Screw Kits?

-

bradfields

Reaction score
I purchased my 71 Demon basically in a pile, the car had been disassembled and left for dead, many, actually most, screws, interior and exterior, are missing from the puzzle. I Figure the best way to get what I need for reassembly is to get complete screw kits. I found Mr G online and figured I’d order from him, but he doesn’t list a kit for a Demon, Dusters and Darts yes, but no Demon, so I emailed him and he said he doesn’t list a kit for a Demon, said to pick something close and when I get it and something isn’t in it, let him know and he would send it, so I’m thinking a Duster should be about the same, but I don’t really know, should I order for a Duster or look elsewhere?

Everything should be the same interior wise from a duster to a demon if comparing the same year. Fender hardware may differ in quantity because demons had a lower valance below the bumper and dusters did not.

If you are building a concours restoration, you may spend a fortune trying to find all of the bolts, nuts, & fasteners that you need. If you are not doing a restoration, figure out the basics of what you will need & go to your local big hardware outlet (Lowe's, Home Depot) & by a quantity of common bolts, nuts, & washers. Use them as you assemble the car & buy more of what you need as you go along.

Badfields, you can buy the different SEMS fender bolts and the CIP nuts from different automotive fastener suppliers inexpensively in bulk. Just need to know your thread sizes. 1/4-20×1 were typical of the valances, and fender splash shields, and 5/16-18×1 were fairly common for the fender top to inner fender. most of the fender hardware. You will need 6 studs and a bunch of body washers to space the bottom of the back end of the fender out, and the top back end of the fender up. Sometimes theres people selling this stuff used in lots from scrapped out cars. I parted out a 92 dakota for the O/D trans and to make a trailer out of. The rest of the body was 1/4-20 and 5/16-18 SEMS bolts, and CIP nuts. I kept all of it. Dropped it all in a plastic container full of evaporust to clean em up. I am working with a similar issue as yours. An almost thoroughly stripped 69 barracuda roller. I had to not only get the big stuff, but also had to find all the damn hardware to put it together lol.

Badfields, you can buy the different SEMS fender bolts and the CIP nuts from different automotive fastener suppliers inexpensively in bulk. Just need to know your thread sizes. 1/4-20×1 were typical of the valances, and fender splash shields, and 5/16-18×1 were fairly common for the fender top to inner fender. most of the fender hardware. You will need 6 studs and a bunch of body washers to space the bottom of the back end of the fender out, and the top back end of the fender up. Sometimes theres people selling this stuff used in lots from scrapped out cars. I parted out a 92 dakota for the O/D trans and to make a trailer out of. The rest of the body was 1/4-20 and 5/16-18 SEMS bolts, and CIP nuts. I kept all of it. Dropped it all in a plastic container full of evaporust to clean em up. I am working with a similar issue as yours. An almost thoroughly stripped 69 barracuda roller. I had to not only get the big stuff, but also had to find all the damn hardware to put it together lol.

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot.

Check with places like AuVeCo online. They have damn near everything in the way of automotive clips, bolts, nuts and whatnots.

-
Back