Seat back and console paint.

-

Denvermike

Reaction score
The texture finish on the metal back panels of my buckets and on the side of the floor console are a little beat up. (66 cuda) Any ideas on how to refinsh them. I have tried using wrinkle paint but could never get a uniform pattern.

Yeah , trying to create the texture with a paint aint gonna work.
I hope you can get that stuff off again.
The console is a plastic with with a light vinyl texture molded in it.
The seat backs have a actual vinyl skin bonded to the steel with contact cement. That skin could be replaced but the digs and scars in that and the plastic can be repaired.
First any loose vinyl will need to be razored away . Then the edges feathered down some. Heavier filling/building is done with DevCon 2 part epoxy.. That will be sanded to shape. Next step is to apply a decent coat of the gel type super glue. After it cures a little , pounce in it with a piece of scotch-brite pad or similar to create the texture desired. That can be sanded a little too or repeated as needed. Once the repairs are done , just paint with SEM Products dye for vinyl and plastics.

yeah , trying to create the texture with a paint aint gonna work.
I hope you can get that stuff off again.
The console is a plastic with with a light vinyl texture molded in it.
The seat backs have a actual vinyl skin bonded to the steel with contact cement. That skin could be replaced but the digs and scars in that and the plastic can be repaired.
First any loose vinyl will need to be razored away . Then the edges feathered down some. Heavier filling/building is done with devcon 2 part epoxy.. That will be sanded to shape. Next step is to apply a decent coat of the gel type super glue. After it cures a little , pounce in it with a piece of scotch-brite pad or similar to create the texture desired. That can be sanded a little too or repeated as needed. Once the repairs are done , just paint with sem products dye for vinyl and plastics.

what he said!!!

-
Back