Seat back paint

-

dan5354

Reaction score
Does anyone know what sheen the paint was on the hard back bucket seats in 67? Was it a satin, semi gloss, or gloss. I also have the same question for the interior doors and trim around the back window for my 67 Barracuda. Mine is black, but someone has painted the stuff in the past and I can't be sure of what would have been stock. I want to strip and repaint. Thanks

Look in the 67 FSM, it lists color codes and sheen. IIRC most non glossy surfaces were "80%" gloss, hopefully a paint guy can translate that to semigloss or something.

The seat backs are not painted, they are covered it vinyl. So a satin would work.

Edit: yes in 1967 they are covered in vinyl. I had white ones painted black, put on paint stripper, found out it’s vinyl, the hard way.

Last edited:
The seat backs are not painted, they are covered it vinyl. So a satin would work.

Edit: yes in 1967 they are covered in vinyl. I had white ones painted black, put on paint stripper, found out it’s vinyl, the hard way.
Yeah my seats have a metal back and lower side with a grain pattern.

IMG_20220916_194857035.jpg

413 is right. after checking it out a little closer it is a thin vinyl. Turns out that the previous owner painted over the tan, but its all kind of splotchy. how would you go about prepping the vinyl without ruining it? would a dye work now over what is paint?

-
Back